Once Colby had his birthday, which is in the beginning of February, Reese was counting down to hers, which is at the end of March. It is a long stretch of asking every day if its her birthday yet.
There is only one girl Reese's age in our neighborhood, lots of boys, but only one girl, who she luckily loves and plays with all the time. So, we decided to not have a big birthday party. Instead she invited her BFF Savannah and her cousin Sloan, who is her other BFF. She was so excited for them to meet. We decided to go to Jungle Gym's and I told Colby he could invite a friend to run around with. For some reason, he chose a girl, BreAnna, who Reese thinks is her friend anyway so it worked out perfectly.
I didn't get one picture of Sloan or Savannah but they all had fun.
The next day, I had my family come over to celebrate. Well, right before everyone was to come over, I told Reese we needed to fix her hair. She must have been worn out from the day before because she decided to throw the biggest fit of her life over her hair. I couldn't figure out how she wanted me to do her hair and she was in full blown fit mode. So my family came over, we ate dinner, all while Reese was upstairs screaming and crying about her hair. Little does she know that my family will never let her forget this day. She will hear about this for the rest of her life. I finally sent Colby, Luke, and Jonah up there to get her out of her bad mood. They got her out of it and she was fine but we did not touch her hair. Yeesh! So, she looks super pretty.
Anyone who asked what she wanted for her birthday, she told them she wanted princess dresses and that is what she got. The next day, she rode her new bike in her new dress.
She also got to be the VIP in preschool the week of her birthday. Colby had to be in the picture too.
Reese is the sweetest little girl. Everyone loves Reese. She causes problems at church because all the kids in her class want to sit by her and there are only two people who can. She is Little Miss Popular. Her preschool teacher wants to take her home with her because she just loves her. Reese is hilarious, smart and witty. She is stubborn and strong willed and knows what she wants. She recently stopped sucking her thumb overnight because the dentist told her he would give her a Barbie at her next appointment if she stopped. And she stopped that night and hasn't looked back. She still loves to snuggle with anyone and everyone with her blankie though. She's still a mamma's girl and I am perfectly fine with that. I hope she always will be.
0 comments:
Post a Comment