Reese was having some back issues for about a year. She would complain all the time that her back hurt and sometimes start crying over it. Other times she would simply open the freezer, get some ice, and put it on her back. This went on for a while and so we ended up taking her to an orthopedic doctor who said he wanted to get an MRI.
She was such a trooper. We tried the MRI without sedation first and she went in the machine with no problems at all. Unfortunately, they said the images were too blurry and they would have to sedate her. Later I asked her what she was moving and she her stomach because she had to breathe!
This is her right after they gave her the sedation medication. She was starting to get really sleepy.
She is such a tough girl. They didn't really find anything wrong in the MRI but a cyst but said it wasn't anything to worry about. Of course, right after we did the MRI she stopped complaining about her back. I'm not sure why but she seems completely fine now. I took her to the chiropractor a couple of times and I'm not sure if that had something to do with. For now, I'm just glad she's doing fine.
During this same time, Darren was having some really bad back pain. It turned out that his herniated disc was pressing on a nerve so it was making him in a lot of pain and he was losing strength in his leg. Our only option was to get surgery to clear up the herniated portion of his disc that was pushing on his nerve. It was a huge success. As soon as he was out of surgery he was pain free. It was a huge relief. I just hope it doesn't happen again.
While he was recovering we got Reese a new car seat that came in this huge box. The kids made a house out of it. They even put a flashlight in it and sat in there playing their WiiU. It was pretty hilarious.
0 comments:
Post a Comment