Tuesday, May 24, 2011

So Glad Winter is Over

What Colby did this winter...
Colby was quite the busy guy with sports. I signed him up for a pre-school sports program at the rec center where every month was a different sport that he played once a week for 45 minutes. They didn't play actual games it was more of an introduction to the sport and how to play with others. Basically, just a way to burn some energy. He played tennis, football, basketball, and track. He also played on an actual team, soccer and T-ball, which both were hilarious to watch. Especially the T-ball. None of the kids had any idea what was going on so all the dads had to stand by their kid the entire game and basically run the bases with them. The first couple of games after Colby would hit the ball he would run after the ball to try and get it instead of running to first. Then if you are the last person to hit the ball for the inning you run all of the bases and run home. Well, Colby was the last to hit and Darren told him to keep running after first so he kept running straight past first base. Darren had to go get him and tell him he meant to run to second, then third, and home. I laughed so hard. He looked so cute out there in his little uniform.
What Reese did this winter....
Let's see, Reese was basically sick the entire winter. She had bronchitis twice, four ear infections, a ruptured ear drum, got tubes in her ears, pneumonia, a couple of colds, and hand, foot, mouth disease. Needless to say, it was an awful 6 months. Darren and I got little sleep and were quite grumpy most of the time. :) I was pretty sure Reese would be our last child after I had her but this sealed the deal. Darren and I could not do this again. It has been exhausting in more ways than one. It has literally been one illness after another, with little breaks. She has been healthy for about two days so we'll see how long it lasts. As for now, I am very tempted to not take her anywhere. I mean anywhere.
She was very cute before she got her surgery. She was having such a fun time playing with all the toys they have at Primary's and reading books with my mom. When she woke up from the anesthesia, however, is a different story.
We have also have plenty of boredom and cabin fever. For some reason Colby and Reese like to climb into tiny little spaces. To them it is fun, to me it makes me feel claustrophobic just looking at them. So glad winter is coming to end!

0 comments: