Saturday, November 6, 2010

October

It's been a while since I've blogged. We had a fun, too short summer. About a month and a half after being laid off from my job, they called me back to work on an as needed basis. The good thing is I have more flexibility, the bad news is it is less money. Oh well, some money is better than no money. :)

Since I can't remember anything we did in September, here are some highlights from our October.

My sister, Missy, came over one day and we attempted to make haunted houses. They were pretty scary looking, that's for sure. Colby loved it though so that's all that mattered.

We did some pumpkin carving. Okay, Darren did the pumpkin carving while I entertained Reese. Colby actually enjoyed getting the goop out of the pumpkins.

This is Darren's awesome pumpkin. He was quite proud of himself.
Colby was Mario this year. As I've mentioned before he has maybe played Mario twice at my brother's. Apparently he had a great time because he loves Mario. I should have listened to him in September when I asked what he wanted to be for Halloween and he told me Mario. I thought it was a dumb idea so I didn't buy the costume. Instead I found a cute dinosaur costume that he wanted nothing to do with it. So, Darren and I were frantically trying to find a Mario costume a few days before Halloween. We had to order online since apparently Mario was the hot costume this year. Next year, I'm just going to listen to Colby and get him whatever he wants in September!
My neice had to hold him while I took a picture because he was too excited to hold still. The first house he went trick or treating to I waited in the driveway for him. He went up to the door with my niece and a lady opened the door to give them candy and Colby took off before he got his candy. He came to me and said, "oh dear, mommy, they had a dog." Colby is terrified of dogs. His fear overtook his need for candy. :)
Reese was supposed to be a lamb for Halloween. We went to our ward trunk or treat and she wore the costume but didn't take any pictures. When Halloween rolled around we could not find the ears for her costume anywhere, which were necessary since you wouldn't know what she was without the head piece. So here she is on Halloween...just a cute little girl.

When we went to church the next day Darren found the ears as he was walking the halls with Reese. One day too late!
Good thing we still had the hot dog costume from a few years ago.
I have to throw in the picture of Colby in the hot dog costume as well since I think they look a lot alike...

1 comments:

Val said...

Love the costumes! Looks like you had a fun year!