Last Friday morning Colby started to throw up and throw up and throw up and throw up. He just wasn't stopping and could not hold anything down. He kept asking for water but would throw it right back up. By Friday night he wasn't moving at all or saying anything. We took him to InstaCare and they hooked him up to an IV and said he was very dehydrated. They sent us home and he threw up on the way home. This continued all night and all day Saturday. By Saturday night I knew he was dehydrated again and there was nothing we could do for him so we went back to InstaCare. They tried to give him another IV but he was do dehydrated they could not get one in. They tried probably four times which was agony to watch. So they sent us to the ER. Again, more trying with the IV. That took a couple more times. Colby was irrate and so was I by the time they got one in. Once they got it in though he immediately fell asleep. The ER doctor told us that he was so dehydrated that it was starting to effect his kidney function and liver so he was admitting us for the night so they could monitor him. Poor Colby was so exhausted that he didn't even wake up when they moved him to a room and onto a new bed. It was only 6:00 when he fell asleep so I thought by 3 or 4 he would be up and back to his normal self. He didn't wake up until 8:00. Although he was woken up every 2 hours to have his vitals checked. The next day he still was completely lifeless. All day he was just miserable. They wouldn't let us go home until he started to drink a certain amount every hour and hold it down. They didn't keep very good track so I think Darren lied to the doctor and told him he was drinking a lot because Colby just kept telling us he wanted to go home. They let us go at 11:00 Sunday night. We were so glad to get him home. On Monday he slept on and off the whole day and was still so lifeless. It was so scary to see him like that. He was so weak since he hadn't eaten since Friday morning that he said his legs wouldn't work. On Monday he still threw up a couple of times and I could tell it was really starting to bring him down. I started to think that he thought this was his life now. So I tried to explain to him that he was going to get better and in a few days he would be running around and playing with his toys and riding his bike again. He perked up a little when I mentioned his bike and he said, "Ok, when we go for a walk I'll just throw up on the sidewalk." Then a few times he would tell me he was going to throw up again and to go get the throw up bowl. I would grab it and put it in front of him and he would cough and say, "oh dear, it was just a cough." I think he was so traumatized with throw up! Luckily by Friday he was back to his old self. I still can't believe how much that completely wiped him out. I hope to never see him like that again!
Our house sold
11 years ago
3 comments:
Oh man, that is so scary! I hate that kind of stuff. I'm so glad he is feeling better!!
Julie that is awful! I'm glad Colby is ok now. That is so scary to see your kids like that.
So sorry to hear that he has been so ill. I hope that is a once in a life time ordeal.
Post a Comment