Monday, July 20, 2009

Girls Camp and Garden Update

Last week was girls camp in our ward. I am the Mia Maid advisor and was asked a few months ago if I wanted to go to girls camp. I kept putting it off because I did not want to go at all. I'm not a camper one bit. It's probably from all of my years at girls camp that did me in. :) It later turned out that I would only have to go up for the day since some of the presidency was only going up for the day. I still did not want to go. I didn't want to have to take a vacation day and then Darren have to take a vacation day to watch Colby. Needless to say, I was dragging my feet about it but I ended up going and was very glad I went. It was actually fun. Part of the reason I went was because one of my girls, Amy, kept asking me to go. She is such an awesome girl and very hilarious.

Don't ask me what she's wearing. The girls were bored that day and the longer the day went on the crazier they became.

I was glad it was only a day we were there. It felt like the 12 hours we were there was a week long but it was nice to get to know the girls better and to hear their testimonies.

Now, for my garden update...we actually grew something! Our zucchinis are growing like crazy. Darren cut up just one and this is how much we ended up getting. So, if anyone is in need of zucchinis let us know because I have a feeling we are going to have a ton.

The only thing that didn't make it was our watermelon. I think it simply just got overwatered during all of those rain storms. We are also missing about 5 carrots. We think a deer made it into our backyard and ate them. Yes, we have deer that wander around in our neighborhood. I guess that's what happens when you live right by the moutain.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

You camp and grow stuff? Who are you and what have you done with Julie?

KamilahNYC said...

Ahh...girl's camp. Many a memory of girl's camp in the 17th ward. I'm with you though, I don't love camping as much anymore! One day would be about all I can do!