I attended my friend, Nicole's, funeral today. She was such a good friend to me in high school and of course we lost contact until recently where we found each other on Facebook. She is a big reason why I joined because I wanted to reconnect with her. After I found her I kept thinking that I should ask her to dinner or something to catch up but never did. I really wished I would have. I wish I could have seen and talked to her one last time. She was such an awesome girl! Like I said I went to high school with Nicole where we had a quite a few classes together and then she got me a job at Orange Julius with her (still my best job ever). We became instant friends, which I believe happens to anyone who comes in contact with Nicole. She has this ability to be friends with everyone and anyone no matter who you are and the best part is she makes you feel like the most awesome person around. She was seriously always happy and positive about life and you couldn't help being happy right along with her when she was around. Like I told her a few weeks ago, she made classes worth going to in high school. Every time I saw her, I mean every time, she would scream my name at the top of her lungs. She could have walked by a classroom I was in while I was taking a test but if she saw me she just had to yell my name. I thought it was hilarious every time. She was a huge part of my life then and I am so glad that I was considered one of her friends. I will never forget Nicole and the example she was of always reaching out to everyone and making you feel like you were her only friend. 

0 comments:
Post a Comment