We are now pluggie free! Pluggie is what we call pacifiers in our house and yes I'm a terrible mother who let Colby have them for this long. He actually only had them when he slept so that makes me feel a little better. I didn't think we'd ever get rid of them because Colby loved his pluggie. If he would have had his way he would have had one all day every day. So I was worried about trying to break him of this habit. Good thing Darren is around to be the stern one. I went out one night last week with some friends so Darren ended up putting Colby down for the night. Darren looked at Colby's pluggies that are thrashed and decided to put him down without one. He went down with no problems at all. So, the next day I put him down for a nap without one and he didn't like it so much. I could hear him in there, "Where's pluggie? Where did it go?" Over and over. I eventually caved. I know, chalk that up to being a terrible mother again. Anyway, good thing Darren stepped up again and put him down the next night and pretty much the much the whole weekend. So thanks to Darren Colby is pluggie free. It was actually very easy. I thought he'd cry or have a hard time falling asleep but minus that one nap he seems like he doesn't even know anything is missing. I was all worried about this and it seems to have been a breeze. My baby is growing up!
Our house sold
11 years ago
5 comments:
Hi Toby!
Woohoo! I love all the different names for pacifires. Pluggie is a new one :) Congrats!
I am glad to hear that it wasn't too bad. I imagine it will not be fun to Logan either, he is obsessed with his paci. Coby was so sad when you came to visit and he couldn't have Logan's pluggie:(
Oh, you're too hard on yourself. You're not a bad mother - Laila had her pacifier forever.
Seriously Jewels? I have the painting addiction? Let he who is without sin cast the first stone....
Post a Comment