Monday, January 19, 2009

Boring Post

Work has been really slow lately, which is good and bad. The good is that it's nice to be able to relax a little during the day and not be completely stressed out. The bad is I'm about to lose my mind with bordem and hopefully I don't end up getting laid off. Even though we're slow I still have to be in front of my computer from 9-5 every day so I feel like I am about to go stir crazy. The fact that I can't leave my house drives me insane sometimes. By the end of the day, I have entertained Colby every way I know how. The kid LOVES his books though and I swear we read the same book about 5 times a day. It's funny because during the day when we're not reading he'll all of a sudden say "I Am Sam," which means he wants to read "Green Eggs and Ham." Or he'll remember words he's learned and say them at random times. We were at the store and out of nowhere he started saying peacock and flamingo. Also, in my boredom I decided I was going to conquer my fear of bread dough. I know it's ridiculous but I have always been nervous to make actual homemade dough and today I made cinnamon rolls from scratch. The crazy thing is they actually worked out AND aren't half bad. I was quite proud of myself. I called to tell Darren my good news and he said I must be really bored but don't they look good? Okay, so maybe I'm a little on the bored side.

9 comments:

KJlovesBubba said...

Good for you, learning how to make bread dough! I think you need to give us a photo tour of you house, that could take up some time! Colby is so adorable.

Annie Miller said...

Nice job on the sweet roll! I know how you feel!

Palmer Family said...

I am so impressed!

NatRat said...

Good job Julie! They look scrumptious!

Life Is Good said...

You are not the only one feeling bored out of your mind. . .just remember though that you cannot go outside anyway. . .bad air.

Tierney said...

They do look delicious and Vinny said they were very good.

Brittany said...

Totally impressed, so when can I come try one?

Kelly said...

Way to go! I've never attempted cinnamon rolls before. They look YUMMY!

Laurie said...

Maybe if you purchased a flamingo and a peacock you wouldn't be so bored. I know Colby would appreciate it!
Good job with the dough. Making rolls is about my only talent in the kitchen.
And, for the record, I had a GREAT time with the Nelson family in Hawaii! ALOHA!