I'm a bit behind on my blogging but wanted to post about Darren's 30th b-day. He took the day off from work and ended up shoveling a lot of snow that day. It snowed like crazy at our house that day.
Colby has to help with everything we do. He was tons of help with shoveling! :)
Anyway, back to Darren's b-day. I had two surprises for him that he had no clue about. It was so fun to surprise him especially when it was very hard for me not to tell him about these. I was bursting at the seams trying to keep these things a seceret. The first surprise was a few weeks ago he mentioned this guy he works with, Justin, was selling Rock Band. Darren kept trying to talk me into us buying it. I decided to tell him no way and then went behind his back and bought it from this Justin guy. I am so sneaky! Darren was shocked when he opened up his present and saw Rock Band in there and found out I got it from this Justin guy. Now Darren and I have been playing this game non stop. It is actually more fun than I thought and quite addicting.
The second surprise was his brother, Greg, that lives in New York called me and said they were actually coming into town a day earlier than they orginally thought and wanted to surprise Darren at his b-day dinner. All Darren wanted to do for his b-day was go to Outback with his other brother and sister and their spouses and go to a movie. So, Greg and I decided that Greg should show up to Outback early and just be sitting at our table. It worked out perfectly and Darren was surprised again. It was so fun and I am quite proud of myself for not ruining any of the surprises. Anyway, I hope he had a fun 30th. I love you sweetie...even if you're an old man!
5 comments:
Way to go Jewels! Rock Band is awesome! Playdate at your house!!! Glad he had a good birthday. Coming tonight??
YOu need to post pics of your house! I want to see it. Happy Birthday to Darren.
So not funny to joke about being old! Remember, I turned 30 this year too! I think you should have bought Darren a snowblower for his big day. Can we get together after Christmas?
You have a killer drive way...fun for Darren to shovel. Glad his birthday was good. I would love to come see your house:) Please!
Way to go on keeping your secrets, I suck at it, especially when they are for Steve. Happy Birthday Darren!
Post a Comment