Thursday, November 20, 2008

Copycat

It seems like this past month Colby has changed so much. He is copying everything we say and do and learning new words all the time. I think living with my parents helped. He did pick up on something from my parents that I had to share. After every prayer my parents will kiss. Although they are on opposite sides of the table they still make the kissing noise to each other. They have done it for years so it just seems normal to me and I don't even notice it. Anyway, now that we're not living there I have been saying prayers before meals with Colby and after the prayer he would make this weird noise. Like he's blowing out air. I could not figure out what he was doing until a few days later I realized he was copying my parents. I guess he just thinks that's what you do after a prayer. He is hilarious and even when you don't think he's listening he is. Like every time an airplane flys over he points up to the sky. Even if we're in the house! We were at the park and he was off doing something and totally consumed with playing until he heard the airplane...

I finally got the Halloween pictures off my camera and had to post a picture of my cute little golfer.

4 comments:

Palmer Family said...

This is such a fun stage. He is such a little cutie. Miss you!!

Brittany said...

He is so funny, I love it! Glad you survived the big move, sounds exhausting just reading about it. You should have called Jett he would have helped with the leak as well.

Shannon said...

That is one of the cutest stories I have ever heard for a couple of reasons. One, I never knew your parents did that. Carol and Leon are the sweetest. And second, how cute that Colby copied it.

Laurie said...

That golfer picture is the cutest dang thing! Next time I see him I'm going to GET HIM!