
This is what our garage looked like last week. Not one thing in there was ours. Yep, the previous owners just left a whole bunch of garbage. It may not look like much but believe me it was. We had to rent a dumpter for $75 to get rid of their junk. I didn't think we'd fill the whole dumpster but to my surprise we filled the entire thing!
There was also a small leak in one of the pipes in the basement, which we knew about when we bought it. It wasn't major but the only problem was Darren had to dig to get to the pipe. I think he worked on digging this hole for 3-4 days.
That is seriously a lot of work and I can't believe he stuck with it and did it all. I would have taken the shovel to it once and been done. He amazes me sometimes. He said the hard part was every time you'd put the shovel in there would be a rock so you'd have to dig rocks out the entire way down. What a pain! Anyway, the leak is fixed now. Thankfully, a co-worker of Darren's has a husband that's a plumber that came and helped us.
During the week when I wanted to get a lot of cleaning and painting done we were without water. What a pain that was! I was feeling a little overwhelmed one day and my mom suggested that we just fill up buckets at my brother's house (who lives 2 streets down) and start wiping out the cupboards. That took a huge load of stress off of me to get that done. I am so glad my parents came and helped me that night. Man, my mom is good to me. She was even wiping down the toliets. She was the biggest help last week. She watched Colby a ton so we could go out the house and get a lot of work done. Thank you mom!!
Other than that, we have been painting and trying to get everything unpacked and in place. It's coming along but I sure hope we never move again!
4 comments:
I'm inviting myself to come and see your house on Friday with Kelly. Is that okay? I won't take no for an answer!
You threw that couch away??? WHY, it is so your style!! I'm so excited for you guys! It will all be worth it in the end. It can't be harder than checking the pool right? Keep us posted, Steve is dying to help you move in!
I'm glad you're in and the bulk of the work is done!
Um hello Jewels!!! Where the pictures of the house!!!??? I guess I will just have to invite myself over to see it... What day works for you?? :) Miss ya! When are we going out?
Post a Comment