Wednesday, November 5, 2008

We Got It!

We got the polygamist compound house! It's all ours now! :) It has actually grown on me a lot. After going around and looking at the other houses on the market, Darren and I decided this house is an awesome deal. If all goes well we close tomorrow. I'm not sure when we'll move since last time we were there the previous owners had left some couches and other junk. We're hoping they went in there and cleaned out their stuff. I'll have to post pictures once we're in.

It has been nice to live at my parent's though. Colby and I are going to miss having grandma and grandpa around. I'm going to miss eating lunch and dinner with my parents and talking to them throughout the day. Colby is going to miss grandma taking him outside for walks. There were a few days where work was so busy but my mom came downstairs and took Colby outside. It was so nice! He loves her and "pappa" too. That's what he calls grandpa. He is really starting to say a lot of words and it is cute to hear it. It's funny the words he chooses to say. His new word is "teddy bear." It's just funny that he'll say teddy bear over "fish" or something easier.

Well, looking forward to moving to our new house...which brings, de-junking, cleaning, painting, decorating, etc. Sheesh! Maybe we'll just stay here! :)

8 comments:

Brittany said...

Congrats! sound like you have your work cut out for you, let me know if you need help! Sounds like you got a killer deal, can't wait to see it.

Annie Miller said...

Wahoo! I want to come and see it. We'll be around for the next couple of weeks. In the meantime...post some pictures!

Shannon said...

YEAH! Buying a new house is exhausting but so much fun too. I'm so excited for you guys. I'm sure it's been nice living with Carol and Leon I actually don't mind living with my parents one bit, it's my parents who have a hard time with me, but whatever. Anyhow, I'm excited to see pics of the new place. CONGRATS

Jodi said...

Yay for you guys!! That is so exciting Jewels! I can't wait to see it! Where is it at? Do you need help moving or organizing or anything? Please let us know... We would love to help out.. Can't wait to see it and YOU!!

NatRat said...

Awesome! I am so excited for you. I can't wait to see the paint colors you picked out. I glad everything worked out.

Kelly said...

Can't wait to see it! Call me to come help! Congrats!

Deidre said...

Yeah I am so excited for you! I can't wait for you to be close again so we can hang out more! I miss our movie nights!!!! Love Ya!!!

Melissa said...

That is so AWESOME!!! Good luck with the move- We'd love to see it. If you need help with Colby let me know. :)