This is our awesome backyard... I know everyone is jealous of our one of a kind fence...the lawn chairs and our grill. Yep, it doesn't get more white trash than this! I actually don't mind it now that we have doubled our backyard area recently. We don't have as many of the fun toys as our neighbors do so every time I open our back door Colby immediately runs to our neighbors back porch. As you can see they have a lot more toys than we do.
I am SO glad we have the neighbors we have. They are so nice to let Colby go play with all their toys and we recently had to use the same fencing in their yard to keep Colby from wondering off to the front yard and into the parking lot. Just about every afternoon Colby and I go in our backyard when work starts to slow down and hang out. My neighbor sometimes joins with her three kids. It is so good for Colby to be around these kids. I think he actually grasped the concept from them that maybe its not normal to turn all the toys upside down to spin their wheels but to actually sit on them. It is good for me too because I love talking to Lynette and actually being around an adult.
I know Lynette will probably be so embarrased that I share this but I think it is hilarious so I have to. Her little boy liks to use our foot rest (as seen in the first picture) as something he can run and jump off of to do cool tricks. Well, on Friday I wasn't home and I guess he was doing his usual cool tricks and accidentally broke the foot rest. I thought it was so cute that when I got home he immediately told me he broke it and said he was sorry. Lynette, being the sweet person she is, felt terrible. I didn't care at all since it just added to the white trashness of our backyard and we could still use it. The foot rest mysteriously disappeared and the next day was on our back pork with the broken peices hot glued by Lynette with and IOU note. I could not stop laughing. I just want these neighbors to move with us when we move! But maybe they'll be happy when we move...they'll get their toys back! :)
7 comments:
This post made me miss living there...although I had no yard when I did (still don't actually) Remember when we used to be neighbors?
You'll have a whole yard soon, with all the yardwork to go with it and then you'll miss that maintenance free backyard!
Hey, you didn't mention your view. You probably have the best view of the mountains on the whole west-sde. I am not kidding.
It is so great to have awesome neighbors, it makes you never want to move when you find them. And who couldn't love you Jewels...I am sure they think the same thing.
I love good neighbors and that story is darling. So did you sell your house then? That is so exciting!
You've totally inspired me to blog about our ghetto backyard! The kids and I are going to miss having you guys to play with everyday! Not to mention all the free meals..hahaha. It's our turn next!
the picture of colby on the bike is really cute!
love Jess
Post a Comment