Colby has not been a good eater since trying to get him off baby food. He won't try anything new. I'll set it on his tray and it gets thrown off immediately or I'll try to put something in his mouth and it gets shut tight. He will eat any kind of carb - bread, chips, crackers, fries, cereal and lunch meat, cheese, and apples or pears. That is about it. So, I tried these muffins that have zucchini, carrtos, apples, and raisins in them to try and get some veggies in him. Yes, I know they sound just delicious but they aren't too bad and the best part is he loved them! He scarfed down two whole muffins this morning! We'll see if it lasts but at least for today he has some kind of vegetable in him. Here is the recipe just in case you are feeling in the mood for some veggie muffins...
2 c. flour
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 1/2 cup muffin cups with paper baking cups. Mix all ingredients except eggs and oil in a large bowl. Whisk eggs and oil in another large bowl to blend. Stir flour mixture into eggs. Sprinkle 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoons sugar over each. Bake until tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 22 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
2 comments:
What a great idea! When I get really motivated, I'll try them.
Have you heard about that book that Jerry Sinfeld's wife wrote?
Post a Comment