We had quite an interesting night last night. Darren and I are sleeping peacefully and at 4:20 AM I hear the doorbell ring and then someone knocking on our front door. My first thought is that it is some punk kids doorbell ditching us. I wake up Darren and then the knocking starts getting louder and then turns into pounding. We are wide awake now and starting to get out of bed. As we are making our way downstairs and trying to throw clothes on at the same time, someone is shining flashlights in our windows. I had no idea what the heck was going on. Darren opens the door and it is the Fire Departement. A fireman walks in with an instrument and says that he needs to check our Carbon Monoxide levels. He checks our furnace and garage and says that it looks like we're okay but the two neighbors we share walls with had to evacuate since they had high levels. I guess what happened was one of our neighbors BBQ'd last night and didn't let the grill cool down before putting it in his garage. I'm pretty sure he feels like a big idiot today. Needless to say Darren and I are both exhausted today since after that we were wide awake and nervous. We will definitely be checking all of our alarms. Good thing Colby slept through the entire thing.
Our house sold
11 years ago
4 comments:
That happened to me when I lived there. It was a problem with our heater. It scared me to death. I had to call 911. The levels were toxic near the heater. I had to wait outside for several hours with Braden (newborn) before I could go back in. Thank heavens for alarms and firemen!
Scary...I am glad all is well. Very good that they were on top of it. Get some sleep tonight!
Oh how scary! Are Bowers back in? Just one more reason to move out by me!
Crazy- so glad everyone is okay.
You so need to move by us- come buy a lot & build :)
Post a Comment