Monday, July 21, 2008

Survived!

I survived! I made it through the crappy two weeks of work while my co-worker got married. There were a few days in there when I did not think I was going to make it. Like the day when our power went at at 9:00 AM and was off for 6 hours! I had to just throw everything in the car and take Colby to my parent's. The bad thing was a translator was supposed to get me a document and since it was already very late where this translator lives since she lives in China I knew that she had forgotten. I was trying to call her in China my whole ride over to my parent's. Finally I get a hold of her and of course I woke her up and couldn't understand a word she was saying. I figured oh well at least when I get to my parent's my mom can watch Colby since I had a ridiculous amount of work to do. Oh no, her cousin passed away that morning and she was busy with family. It was one of the more stressful days. I am SO glad it is over! I honestly couldn't have done it without Darren taking a couple of days off, my friend Laurie, and my neighbor Lynette. Laurie just called up one day and told me she was taking Colby for an hour or so. She had him for almost 5 hours! It was so nice because I got a lot done and was able to get ahead that day. I owe Laurie big time!! My sweet neighbor, Lynette, came and knocked on my back door every morning and grabbed Colby. She would only have him an hour or two before he needed a nap but I seriously got SO much done. It was good since she would have him a couple of hours and then he would sleep for another hour or two. She was a lifesaver. I'm not good at asking for help and I really hate relying on other people. If she wouldn't have come over on her own to get him I know I would have just tried to do everything on my own. I am so glad that she would just come get him. I am so glad these two weeks are over. I feel like I can enjoy the summer now!

7 comments:

Palmer Family said...

I wish I could have helped you out! Please let me know if you ever need help with Colby, Mason would love another friend to play with!

Annie Miller said...

Yay! Now go on vacation!

Tierney said...

Yay! No more stress! Let's go on a cruise...I wish!

Laurie said...

I know I've said it before, but I really wish you would ask me for help. I love to be able to spend time with Colby and especailly when it helps you. He's so stinking cute. I kept one of his little cars in hopes that he'll come play again! (actually, it was by accident, but you know..)
Love you

Val said...

I am glad that you survived. That sounds like a ruff 2 weeks. I hope things slow down and you can relax a little more now.

Heather D. White said...

So glad that you made it through the past few weeks, but I am still holding a grudge for you not bringing Colby over when I told you OVER AND OVER AND OVER again that I wouldn't mind watching him. I see now, that what I have to do, is just come and kidnap him! LOL!

Brittany said...

Wahoo! Congrats on surviving.