We had such a relaxing 4th of July. I think I'd have to say this would be the best 4th yet. We had no plans and did whatever we felt like. It was awesome! We went to our ward breakfast, which was okay, except for Colby trying to spin all of the car wheels. After that, it turned out we did all of my favorite things. Took a nap, went to the pool, went shopping, and had a BBQ with just Darren and Colby. It was so nice to just do something with my little family and not have to rush off to one of our family's houses or fight over who's house we were going to go to. We just made plans as the day went on. We set up chairs to watch all the fireworks on our back deck since we can see every show but after a few minutes we were done. We put the little guy down and Darren and I watched a movie. I could do that every 4th!
We went swimming in our big pool but didn't take pictures. This is Colby in the little swimming pool I just got for him. He is a little fish. He loves the water. If you combine water with cars then he is in heaven.
This picture was taken when we got home from the pool. He had a good time!
The steak kabobs we BBQ'd. YUMMERS!
On Saturday night my brother-in-law, Deron, surprised my sister, Cami, with a party for her 40th birthday at the Grand America. He arranged to have us all there in this private room and bring her in. It was so hard for all of us not to slip in telling her since we all knew about it for a couple of weeks. Even harder was a few hours before the party, Darren and I were getting Cami's b-day present and ran into her. Luckily, Darren and I kept our cool and she was clueless. It was so awesome to all be sitting in this room and she comes walking in wondering what the heck is going on and then of course, as Cami is, she started to tear up. It was cute and such a fun night. Deron arranged for a band so they played while we ate a very delicious dinner. I felt very pampered since the waiters took very good care of us. They even laid our napkins on our laps! We were seved steak, pork, and chicken. It was soo good! I can't even imagine how much Deron's bill for everything was! Oh well, it was fun and Cami deserves it. It was fun to have a night out and thanks to my friend, Deidre for watching Colby. I'm sure he had a good time with her boys.
It was a good weekend except for the fact that Saturday morning some workers were doing something on our street and hit a water pipe. I have no idea what they were doing but we were out of water for over 24 hours. It doesn't sound like a long time but it felt like a week. My hands felt so disgusting since I wash them quite often. My hand sanitizer just wasn't cutting it. We skipped church since we couldn't shower and Colby ended up not sleeping well last night due to a fever. Poor kid! We were all so exhausted from a long night of not sleeping so we all stayed in bed pretty much all day. By the time I got in the shower I felt like I had been camping for a week. I don't do well without water!
6 comments:
Sounds like a very relaxing 4th. Happy Birthday Cami!!! Can't wait until Thurs! Colby is so cute and looks so big in those pics.
I love those times when it is just the little fam, sounds like a great time! Tell Cami Happy birthday, how cute of her husband to throw her a party. Love that picture of Colby just getting back from the pool he looks so happy.
You skipped church??? Shame on you.;)
And I'm so impressed with you photographing your food. Will you come make dinner for me?
I'm excited to play with Colby!
A ward breakfast...what is that? Did you have to bring your own, um, everything? What's up, Vincents move out and suddenly we have ward activities? I am so offended! Good call on the little pool, probably cleaner for the cute little dude. Heather's talking dinner in the next little bit? So excited to see ya! P.S. You and D need to come check out the new place!
Hey neighbor! Your little boy is so big! How are you guys doing? I saw that your condo is for sale. Have you had any bites on it? Where are you thinking of moving? Nic, Emily and I are doing well. We are still in my parents' basement. Nic will be done with his master's degree in December, we are having a baby in January, and then we'll probably move next spring. It will be nice to be on our own again! Hope all is well with you!!
Sometimes those are the best days, just relaxing ones with your little fam. Being without water would really bite...I couldn't do it.
I want a ward breakfast...ours didn't do one and everyone else did. How fun..maybe ;)
Post a Comment