Monday, June 2, 2008

Fun Filled Weekend & Visiting Aiden

On Saturday I had fun hanging out with just my boys. We first went swimming at our pool. Well, Darren swam. Colby didn't want to go in the water. He must be my son. I'd rather hang out on the side of the pool than actually swim. He put his feet in for a couple of minutes but that was about it. After swimming we headed up to the zoo. Here is Darren and Colby with the elephants. It's a dark picture but I still think it's cute. Colby wasn't too interested in the animals. He only cared about his stroller wheels and everyone else's. Anytime we got him out he went straight to the stroller to try and spin its wheels. I'm pretty sure he's eyeing his wheels in this picture.

I wasn't too interested in the animals either. I would have to say the people there were a lot more interesting. There were definitely some weird people there. I loved seeing guys covered in tatoos getting out of minivans. After the zoo, we went to Ruth's Diner. Darren held up his end of the bargain...I think me threatening to take away his Xbox if he didn't may have had something to do with it. I couldn't believe how good Colby was the whole time we were there. Ruth's isn't the fastest serving restaurant so we were there quite a while. I think he liked the food though. He decided to put a whole potato wedge in his mouth...

It was such a fun day but now that I look back maybe it was just fun for Darren and I. I'm pretty sure Colby would have had fun if we would have stayed home and let him play with his stroller wheels all day.


The Saturday before Memorial Day we went to go visit Aiden's grave. Colby decided to leave Aiden one of his cars. Ok, actually I think he was trying to take back the car we were leaving for Aiden.


This picture below we took this year and the picture below that was taken last year. Why couldn't anyone tell me that my hair color was ugly and that I was pasty white?! YUCK! Oh well, I'm sure I'll say the same thing next year.

3 comments:

Heather D. White said...

Yeah...love that first picture. Darren never looked better. LOL! Good grief Jewels....you can't even see their faces! Ha ha! Love the pics from Memorial Day. Such sweet pics of little Colby visiting his big brother. We talked about little Aiden on Memorial Day and I couldn't remember where he was buried. We wanted to stop by and leave him a little flower. I need to find out where it is exactly so we can do it next year. Glad you had such a nice weekend!!

Susannah said...

Nobody told you silly, because you looked great! You and your hair is always so stinkin cute! I loved all the pictures by the way.

Susannah

Tierney said...

I think the picture of Colby trying to take the car back is hilarious, but also very cute that you thought to leave a car...a little present from Colby.