I go through phases with reading and right now I am definitely reading a lot. My friend Heather is my book group. It's just me and her, which is quite nice since there are no deadlines to have a book finished by and I get to choose the book every other time. Although my choices seem to not be as good as hers. Anyway, she bought me the book, "The Star Garden," which was so nice of her! This book is the third in a series. The first one was "These is My Words." I loved that book and it is one of my favorites. This third book was really good too. I love to read series because after I finish a book most of the time I want more and to know what the characters are up to later. After that book, she recommended, "The Other Boleyn Girl." I seriously became obsessed with this book. It was SO dang good. I am not recommending it to anybody since anytime I recommend anything like a book or a movie I always hear how terrible it is from the person I told to read the particular book or to see the movie. It always seems to backfire. I seriously loved this book though. I love books that suck you in and you never want to put it down. I wanted to know so bad what happened at the end of the book but never wanted it to end. Apparently I didn't pay attention in history as I should have because I did not know anything about the Boleyn family. I just started the sequel to this book and we'll see if it's just as good. Hopefully I don't get as obsessed with it. Although, Darren loves when I'm into books because then I'm so much nicer to him about his Jazz and Xbox habits. I'm almost encouraging him to play Xbox so that I can read. We've got a good relationship. We're both in the same room doing two different things. Oh well, I guess you can't get into fights that way. :)
Our house sold
11 years ago
8 comments:
I hear ya on the JAZZ games. . .My husband's mood seriously depends on if they are winning or loosing. In fact, you should my pantry door. I just patched it because I fist got thrown through it because the JAZZ were playing crappy. Love,ash
I love getting into a good book. I just bought the Other Bolyn Girl, I am excited to start reading it.
I had no idea there was a 3rd book to "These is my Words" and p.s. you recommended that book to me and I loved, loved it. Pass on any recommendations to me I am always in need.
Britt Johnson ( I have no idea why I have to post as anonymous?)
I am also right in the middle of reading "The Star Garden". It is good, but nothing will be as good as the first. I love this series! I always need recommendation for a good book!
I know exactly what you mean you go in phases on reading. I too have been such a book worm lately. The Other Boleyn Girl is waiting for me on my night stand! You will have to pass on your books you read for your club.
It is so nice that they watch Jazz games when I have stuff to do, which has happened a lot recently. I swear Vinny wants my undivided attention when he is not hanging out with Darren!
I LOVED "The Other Boleyn Girl"...and I liked the movie, too!
So yeah....I am so glad that I recommended those books for our book group and I haven't even finished them yet. LOL! So glad our "group" DOESN'T have deadlines. LOL! ;-) Glad you liked them both! YAY!
Post a Comment