Monday, March 31, 2008

My Band

The other day my niece, Jessie, was at my house and noticed that we had the game Guitar Hero. It's actually not ours but Darren's brothers. He has left it at our house for weeks. She said she wanted to try it out. I played this game once a few years ago and got booed off the stage and vowed to never play again. Darren is always trying to get me to play. Anyway, Jessie played it and I tried it again since everyone there (my sisters and I) all were terrible so I felt I was in good company. Jessie instantly became addicted and got good very fast. After they left I ended up playing by myself. Darren thought it was awesome. I'm pretty sure if there was a fire in our house the only thing he'd grab would be his Xbox. He was very excited that I was playing Xbox and we have now created our own band and play at nights sometimes. It is really fun and surprisingly I am getting to be not so bad. That means I only get booed off the stage every other song. :) I'm too embarrased to play this game around anyone else since I'm still a beginner so sorry but our "band" won't be doing any shows anytime soon.

11 comments:

Heather said...

I'm totally addicted to Guitar Hero, which is why I won't allow myself to own it...I would stop going to work, stop showering, all in a quest to become AWESOME! So sad...

Shannon said...

Let me know when your tickets go on sale!

Sue said...

Julie, I was blog surfing and found you via Valerie. Your son is so cute. Did you know I used to have the biggest crush on Darren in like the eighth grade? What a Hottie! :-) Anyway, it was good to catch up with you.

Kelly said...

I'm so glad you're getting the bug! We play almost every night. It keeps the boys entertained and we LOVE it! Good job!

NatRat said...

You and Kelly should join bands...they are pretty good at it. But wait if you are only in beginner mode, they may not want you in their band...j/k. :)

Brittany said...

That is a hoot! Let me know when you decide to show the world your skills, I am in!

Anonymous said...

Haha i loved that day i didn't want to leave your house i was addicted to it but "someone" didn't tell me you had to strum i am glad you are getting better
Love,
Jessie

Laurie said...

I've never played it! I need to come give it a try one of these days (on your lunch break).

Corpuz Family said...

I know what you mean about grabbing the xbox in a fire! Steve just wouldn't be Steve anymore without his xbox. That is awesome you played, I am a littl nervous of the guitar, I like the drums in rockband! We just got american idol, one day you should come try it out! Mary

Susannah said...

Hey, I found your blog from Jodi B. and think it is so cute. How are you doing? I miss Utah!!!! Anyway, just had to tell you how totally funny you are. I think I need to join the Guitar Hero bandwagon and see how fun it is.

Susannah

Tierney said...

I wondered where our Guitar Hero went! Vinny told me you were getting addicted. I love it, but I actually haven't played Guitar Hero III yet (probably because I haven't been able to find it) - totally kidding - I actually didn't even know it was gone until Vinny told me. Jackson is ridiculously good at it. Glad you're enjoying it!