I have recently been able to get back in touch with a lot of the girls I grew up with from the Crescent 17th Ward. It's so fun that everyone has blogs!! Although, I am being reminded of all the stupid things I said and did that I completely forgot about. I'm so glad people have such great memories! :) We had such a fun ward growing up. Where the hardest part of summers was trying to think of a good spot to hide the flag when we played "Capture the Flag" during our night games. I had so much fun playing those games! The boys in our ward were pretty hilarious too. I love that the "gang" of boys would always ride their bikes around our neighborhood but decided one day that they needed a cool "gang" name. They decided on "dikes on bikes"...until someone told them what a dike was. They for some reason quickly told everyone they did not want to be called that anymore.
I swear every activity in that ward we went up to Camp Tracy, which was actually SO fun. Going sledding/tubing down the big hill, going swimming, sleeping over as a combined activity and the leaders thinking the boys were going to stay out of the girls cabin. Although all the boys in our ward felt like my brothers. Man, those were some good times. It seems like our ward was always doing fun stuff together and there were so many of us. I look around my ward now and there are only a handful of youth. I always think they are missing out on so much. Maybe it's not cool to hang out with people in your ward anymore. Anyway, it has been so fun catching up with all the girls and seeing what they have been up to. We all need to have a reunion up at Camp Tracy!!! :)
Our house sold
11 years ago
8 comments:
I loved our ward! We would love to find a neighborhood like the one we had for our boys. It's been fun to find everyone and catch up.
P.S. Remember that cooler up at Bear Lake that would make us laugh everytime someone opened it. Haha, I still have a sense of humor as a 12 year old. I really haven't matured much ;)
Our ward seriously was the best. I want my kids to have those same experiences. We were so lucky to have such good friends. If I could only get the YW in my ward to feel the same way I did about it :) (I'm now the YW 2nd coun.)
I agree we had the best ward. Our ward now didn't have any YW for about 6 months it was crazy compared to our good ol' ward. Do you remember the stay up at Park City and the boys you guys met up with? The good ol' days!
I'm giggling to myself as I remeber some fun memories. We seriously had a great childhood. As for a reunion- I'm game as long as no one knocks Sheree McKenna over at the bottom of the tubing hill. :)
Go 20th Ward!!! We rocked the stake! He,he,he...
Our ward really did rock, and I am so glad to hear you all feel the same way. I tell my husband sometimes...you just don't understand it was so different in my ward. I loved all the fun times we had, and that we were all so close. There were so many fun nights running around through people's backyards, hanging on your trampoline Julie. Also..was is Pet Cemetary we were "rebelling" and watching when your parents were out of town and John cut the lights? Too fun. Love childhood memories!
I obviously agree with you and everyone else who has posted. Our ward was, and really still is, one of the closest wards I have ever been in. I love my ward now, but I ALWAYS feel at home in our home ward. I also talk to my husband about it and he just can't get over the fact that any given time there were 50+ YM/YW in the ward when we were growing up (he grew-up in Seattle). It is pretty crazy if you think about it. OUR POOR LEADERS!
On a side note: I'm really sorry the Dikes On Bikes disbanned. I felt safer knowing that they were patroling the neighborhood. One or two of them were actually my boyfriends for a short period of time. They were too tough for me so I broke-up with them.:(
I was just telling my husband about the time when there were four kids with broken limbs after a camp tracy sledding trip, I was one of them. Good Times! Best trick or treating neighborhood around.
Post a Comment