Saturday was such a good day. I slept in for the first time since Colby has been born! In the past I would wake up to feed Colby and stay up with him for a little while and then wake up Darren and do a hand off but this Saturday was the first time I didn't get up. It was awesome!!! I am a little worried though that he might not be in good hands with Darren. I was upstairs asleep with the door closed and our ceiling fan on, which makes it so you can't hear anything downstairs very well. I faintly heard the doorbell ring. I was half asleep wondering who would ring the doorbell so early on a Saturday morning. Later I asked Darren who was at the door. He said he didn't hear the doorbell ring. I thought I must be going crazy. Later Darren was getting dressed and asked if the shorts he ordered had come yet. I opened the front door to see if a package was on our doorstep...and there was! I wasn't crazy, the UPS guy did ring the doorbell and Darren didn't hear it. Even though he was 5 feet from the door. I guess when Darren was "watching" Colby he fell asleep. I have no idea how he did not hear the doorbell. He said he was probably snoring too loud. I'm kidding about Colby not being in good hands but seriously how could he sleep through the doorbell ringing!! Anyway, it was so nice to sleep in and Darren said we could switch off every Saturday waking up with Colby. Wahoo!!! I think this was hard for Darren to agree to since as you can tell he is not a morning person AT ALL.
Later that day we decided to take a chance and go see "Horton Hears a Who" with Colby. I was a little worried how he'd do but he did awesome. We decided to go right when he takes a nap. When we got there Darren sat him on his lap and Colby reclined back and started watching the show. About 2 minutes in he fell asleep for about an hour. He woke up and just opened his eyes. He didn't even move the rest of the movie he just sat and watched it. It was so nice! What a good day! Too bad it's Monday tomorrow. :)
Our house sold
11 years ago
8 comments:
YEA! Good for you for sleeping in. Mat lets me do that every Saturday and I look forward to it all week. That's awesome he was so good during the movie. Sounds like a fun family outing!
Don't you just LOVE sleeping in! There is seriously nothing better. Cameron let's me do that on the weekends. I am the WORST morning person.
Well, I know now not to ask Delby to watch my kids in the morning if you're not there! Just kidding, Delb. My kids would probably actually choose spending time with him over me.
Mat and Cameron, shame on you for raising the bar too high, You have to look out for the rest of us. Start slacking a little more will ya! Tierney, your kids would just want to stay with me cause they know I would be asleep and they would have the run of the house.
Darren
It's always scary taking your kids to the movies. You never know how they are going to behave. Congratulations on an uneventful theatric experience.
I love that for you Jewels! One day Colby will get the whole "sleeping in" thing. I love that Darren did not hear the door bell and you did, Jett does that sitting next to the door (of course it is when SPORTS are on).
I wish I would have known you were going to the movies. We were there too! You would have loved sitting by us too. Even though the movie wasn't all that funny, Paige and Claire laughed their heads off, which made it funny to us!
Only a dad could sleep so soundly! That is so funny! I hope we can make it work to get together Friday. Dang Cam's school party!
Post a Comment