Friday, February 22, 2008

12 Month Check Up & Shoes

Colby had his 12 month check up today. I wanted to take a picture of him before we went to the doctor's but he was too busy trying to grab the camera from me.
Anyway, I don't know what I was thinking when I made his appointment three months ago but I made it right when his nap time is. He did surprisingly well though. I stripped him down to his diaper so they could do his measurements and sat him on my lap while we waited for the doc. He was so cute. He just laid back and played with my hands. The doctor walked in and said he looked so chill. The doctor said he was glad he was so calm because he said every kid he dealt with today was out of control. Colby is 19% in weight, 58% in height, and 94% in head circumference. I told the doctor that he won't drink anything and he said that it is totally fine. He would rather see him eat a lot than drink. I guess most kids this age would rather drink than eat. Baby food has a lot of water in it so we're good. I was so worried about it and now it is apparently no big deal. So, we just keep trying to get him to drink from a cup.

The other day I was complaining to my friend, Laurie, about how I couldn't find any shoes for Colby. Boys shoes are all so bulky and heavy. Not a good combination when they are trying to learn to walk. She told me to go get Crocs but I told her I had already tried to get some and they don't make them small enough. A couple of days later she calls me to let me know that she found some Croc knockoffs at Walmart his size so she decided to buy them for me. How nice is that?! I love these shoes because they are light weight and easy to get on and off...which is a good thing since Colby doesn't like shoes and is constantly kicking them off. Aren't these cute?!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are soo cute
and way tiny
-Jess

Palmer Family said...

I have the hardest time finding shoes for Mason because his feet are like blocks. I finally found some at Nordstrom called Stride Rite that are really comfortable and he loves wearing them. They are a little more expensive but worth it!

Brooke said...

Way cute shoes, I love fake Crocs. May I also recommend Robeez. They sell them at Nordstrom but have fake ones at Target for like 12 bucks. Kids can't get them off and they are machine washable! I loved them for my girls.

Annie Miller said...

So cute! Love the crocs!

DeRose Family said...

Hi friend! I had a lot of reading to do to catch up on you! I haven't blogged forever. Cute crocs! That's all Ashton wore in Cali. I was so happy to see that you are addicted to Mormon Heroine too - aka Mini Eggs! I've already polished off one BIG bag. They're worth every pound and dimple! :0

Greg & Alex said...

Julie! Alex "Ryan" here...how are you doing? I have just recently started checking everyone's blogs out and finding so many peps! Hope you are doing well. Your family is adorable. My blog spot it gregandalex.blogspot.com if you want to check it out. Where are you guys living? Take care! Alex

Laurie said...

That Laurie friend sounds like a great gal!
I'm so glad they're working. I still keep my boys in crocks just because they can get them on and off by themselves.