Thursday, January 17, 2008

Weaned!

So, here I thought weaning Colby would be really hard but he decided to wean himself. He wants nothing to do with nursing anymore, which is fine with me. The only problem is he wants nothing to do with a bottle, sippy, a regular cup, straw, etc. The kid doesn't want anything liquid. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice...

9 comments:

Palmer Family said...

HMMM, that's a hard one. Never had to deal with that. Mason is obsessed with his bottle. I don't know how I will ever get him off of it.

Kelleen said...

Sorry, I have no clue. I am jealous he weaned himself though. I wish Addi would. I have a daily struggle about wanting to stop breastfeeding her, but feeling guilty about it. If she did it herself then I wouldn't feel guilty.

DeJong Family said...

you could try giving him those nubby cups..Tanner loves though he went straight from nursing to those..and still loves them.

Brittany said...

Good luck with that! I just say skip the whole thing and move on to the good stuff (ha ha). I am sure he will find something that will work just keep trying.

Brooke said...

Lucky you! Let's hope you can shrink up and sag like the rest of us!! I would suggest a bug juice. Maybe not the juice since it is pure sugar (they actually sell LITE Bug Juice now!) but my girls love to keep those and fill them with anything! If that doesn't work I would say do nothing. My pediatrician says that kids will eat/drink when they want to...they are not going to starve themselves.

Laurie said...

Enjoy your new-found freedom! He'll get hungry enough to eat.

Anonymous said...

Put his milk in a pop can. LOL! I'm about 99% sure he will want it then! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Brooke, lets hope not!!!!!

NatRat said...

Is he on whole milk yet? If he is, put some yummy stawberry syrup or chocolate syrup in it. I wish Bode would give up the bottle, he is three and I just can't take it away, it is the one thing he LOVES!