Monday, January 28, 2008

Full of Complaints

I am officially sick of winter. I am so ready for spring. Is there only about 3 more months of this?! That seems like a long time away. Colby has another cold. He just got better and then gets sick again. Needless to say he doesn't sleep at night so neither do Darren and I. I took him to the doctor today and they said yes he's sick again and there's nothing you can do. I love that!

Also, last week I have a co-worker that lives in Connecticut that wants me to go out there for training for a week. To some it might sound nice...for me it sounds like a nightmare. The first thing I thought of was that I can't, really I can't, leave Colby. The thought of it makes me want to cry. This guy works in his mom's basement. I can't imagine going to some strange city all by myself and sitting in his mom's basement for 8 hours everyday for a whole week. Maybe if Darren and I were going to Hawaii I could be more excited and be able to leave Colby...but probably not. I am having major anxiety over it. I told the guy this and he told me to bring Colby. Obviously he doesn't have kids. I asked if you could come here but apparently that was out of the question. So, I'm waiting for the owner of the company to call and give me more details. When he calls though I am going to try my hardest to get out of going. I figure why do I need to go there for training when I'm almost 100% sure that we can do it all over the phone. Its not like my job takes that much skill and requires that much training.

Aren't I full of complaints today?! I will say something good...on Friday night I think I was run down from lack of sleep and taking it out on Darren. Instead of being a jerk back to me he made a few phone calls (without my knowledge) and had Tiereny take me to a movie. It was so what I needed. We went and saw Juno. I LOVED the movie! It is definitely not a movie for everyone but I thought it was so different and hilarious. Thanks sweetie! Now that Colby isn't nursing anymore Darren and I got to go to a movie too. Thanks to my parents for watching the little guy, we got to go see The Bucket List all by ourselves. It's been months since we've done that. Yes, I can leave Colby to go to a movie but not to Connecticut for a week!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jewels
hows it going so you finally saw juno oh my gosh that is like the best movie i just thought it was so funny there was so many funny parts so ya
love ya
Jess

Kelly said...

I loved JUNO as well. Laughed my butt off! Wow-you're a good mom. I leave my kids at the drop of a hat. (Maybe not to sit in some basement) I left Connor for 8 days at 5 months old, Cohen for 8 days at 10 months old and Logan for 5 days at 8 months. Goll, I leave them a lot. I feel like I come home a better mom though once I have a break. Good luck getting out of it!

Palmer Family said...

I don't blame you. I still haven't left Mason overnight yet. Pretty sad huh?

NatRat said...

you are such a whiner!!! I loved JUNO, funniest movie at the moment.

Brittany said...

I am with you I can't take this weather for much longer.

In his Mom's basement for training ...hmmmmmm....????? Good Luck!

Laurie said...

Seriously? That 'I don't know I'm gay yet' guy wants you to go to his mom's basement for a week? That has axe murderer written all over it. I would put up a fight about it not being a suitable training environment. In other words, OVER MY DEAD BODY will I be going to CT.
I'm sorry Jewels, I will not let you go!

Kelleen said...

That really stinks. I understand not wanting to leave Colby for a week. So, if you have to go, and there's no possible way to get out of it, where in CT would you be? It's really close to NY and we'd love to see you.

Annie Miller said...

You need to come and visit us! It's been in the 70s here...but we all have colds too. No escape from that I guess. What a cute hubby to get you out of the house. Tell Darren I underestimated his skills :)

DeRose Family said...

SO I read in between the lines of your blog . . . I'll be your neighbor in Cali and we'll live happily ever after! Oh, and don't go hang out with that pervert in his basement! GAG!

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness I'm so excited I found you!!! -long story, but if you'll send me your email, I'll explain.
I read through a few of your posts-what a cute family you have! That Colby is adorable! I have so many questions for you.
Hope things are going well for you.
-Carrie (Roylance) Carson

Anonymous said...

Oh Jewels! I miss you! Scary. I wouldn't want to go train in somebody's basement. Hopefully you can get out of that!