Saturday, January 12, 2008

Missy

I just have to say a little something about my sister, Missy. Last Friday she called me and as we were chatting she all of a sudden said I should bring Colby over that night and she'd watch him while Darren and I went out. I kept saying no and she kept insisting. So, I took Colby over to her house and Darren and I went to Asian Star. It was SO good. That was my first time going and I thought it was delicious. Then we went and got ice cream at Dairy Queen. I thought it was so nice of Missy to volunteer to watch Colby so Darren and I could have a bit of alone time. I'm so not good at asking people to babysitt. I hate burdening anyone. I'm so glad Missy didn't take no for an answer. I think she could tell I needed a little break.



A couple of weeks ago I really wanted to go to a movie so Darren said I should go. I called up Missy and she said of course. We went to Enchanted. We felt like we should have had her girls with us. Neither of us realized it was a kids show before we went to see it. It was still cute though. Anyway, it was fun to just hang out with her because, like I've told her before, for some reason I just talk her ear off. I don't know what it is but I don't think she can get a word in. I'm so glad she's my sister and friend! I wanted to put a picture of the two of us but realized I don't have a recent picture of the two of us...so I'll just put one of us when we were little ragmuffins. :)

13 comments:

Tierney said...

Such a cute picture! I can't believe that is your first time at Asian Star. It is seriously one of my favorites, and has been for years...even when it was back at the Canyon Racquet Club. Although, I hate the valet parking. My parents go so much that they actually get gifts from the owner. I like to go with them because they always get sat right away. If Vinny and I go by ourselves, we always have to wait, but it is worth every minute. In fact, I'm going to try and convince Vinny to go there tonight. We are leaving our kids with the our "boarder" for the first time tonight.

Missy said...

Oh, that is sooo nice. It's about time I get appreciated around here...kidding. Thanks for being a great sister and friend to me! I think I talk your ear off too, so we are even

Missy said...

Also, we need to get an updated picture of us...

Anonymous said...

Ahh! So nice. Next time you guys are together for your sisters night, give me a jingle and I'm hustle on over and do some complimentary sisters pics! And I agree...ASIAN STAR IS DA BOMB! So tasty! SO much better than Harvest. LOL! ;-) What a nice thing for Missy to do for you guys! Aren't sisters fabulous?

Anonymous said...

SO did you like
enchanted???
this is
Jessie your neice
by the way

NatRat said...

I just barely saw the movie Enchanted, and I loved it.
It was way cheesy, but I just loved it.

Brittany said...

How nice is Missy, what a fun night for you and Darren. I think it is so great you and your sisters are so close.

Palmer Family said...

Don't you just love having awesome sisters? I seriously don't know what I would do wihtout mine. Cute pic...

Brooke said...

Gotta love sisters...they make the best babysitters. I pay mine with a Diet Coke and it works out great! Steve & I would LOVE to go to Asian Star with you guys sometime, kid-free of course. I love that place! Also, Colby is welcome at our house anytime you need an out, unless you are worried he might start acting girly if he hangs with us too long!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Kelleen said...

I can't believe how the neighborhood looks in that picture.

Laurie said...

HOLY COW! Look at the old school neighborhood! You guys are a couple of ragmuffins. Gotta love Missy!

Heather said...

OH Julie.. it's me Heather. Your BBF growing up! Ya know heather (chapman). How lucky you are that I get to stalk you and your sister at the same time! I found you on your sisters (through Shannon) and now I get to blog stalk the two of you! I love that pic of you guys, that kills me. Looking in the background of the picture is crazy to see how much the neighborhood changed! Well I am adding you to my blog so there! Have a good day and remember BBF... That means forever so don't forget! ha hee ho