Tuesday, December 4, 2007

D's Knee

Darren had knee surgery last Friday. It's quite the bandage job just for the knee. It went all the way from his thigh to his foot. He had to leave the bandage on for three days but he took it off early because he couldn't sleep very well. He has been in pain everyday for years with his knee and I was tired of hearing him complain so I found a doctor for him and the doc told him he needed to get his knee scoped. I guess from high school football he had a lot of cartilidge floating around in there causing him pain. After the surgery the doctor came to talk to me and said Darren must have been in a lot of pain since the cartilidge was pretty much all jagged in there. I'm not sure what that all means but it sounds painful. I just hope he won't be in pain anymore...well with this knee anyway. The other knee has the same problem. Darn football! Darren thinks Colby should play football...I don't think so! :) Anyway, Darren has been a good patient. He only threw up once from the Percocet. We now have a throw up bowl in our house. It will never be used to hold food again. :) I know he's glad I shared that with you all...


4 comments:

Brittany said...

Jett told me he ran into to you guys at the church. I think he is on crack about bunco taking a 6 month hiatus - he swears I told him that (crack is what heard that). Tell Darren to get better and I will remember not to eat out of any weird, smelly bowls at your house!

Brooke said...

I am a crappy neighbor! I had no idea! These are the kind of things that need to be shared if you expect get-well soon lemon bars to show up at your front door!

Anonymous said...

Good NIGHT..that's some bandage! So glad the surgery went well. I was all panicky that day, just remembering how I felt when Chasy went into surgery! Hope it gets all healed up soon so he's able to get back to XBOX and watching TV. Oh wait...I guess he can do that now. LOL!

Annie Miller said...

Mike told me Darren had a hysterectomy (sp?) They are so grown up aren't they! Glad to hear he is recovering well and that it didn't interrupt Fantasy Football too much!