Thursday, December 6, 2007

Aiden

I can't believe it's been two years since I had little Aiden. I know every year on this day I will relive what happened on December 5th and 6th. It's a lot more emotional this year than I thought it would be. Maybe now that I know what it is like to have a son that's here and what I am missing out on with Aiden makes it a little harder. Although, I am grateful for how things worked out. I learned a lot about myself, Darren, and the Savior. It is an experience I wouldn't trade for anything. Aiden is always in my thoughts and I look forward to the day when I can meet him...again. I still love this poem that my neice Jessie wrote for me...

Aiden Scott Rowe a baby to be

Coming into a great family

He is now off to the most magnificent place

Sitting there on the forever lasting white base

Sometimes now he will float through the breeze

And sing with the blue birds up top of the trees

He will bond with everything and everyone he meets

And they will think he is just so sweet

So Julie don't feel so bad

Be happy because he would want you to feel glad

8 comments:

Palmer Family said...

I can't believe it has been 2 years! I know it must be so hard this time of year. Just know that I am thinking about you and your family. Love you guys!

Tierney said...

I'm sure it is really hard every year because you always think of things that could have been. Just think of all the good things that happened because of Aiden - like Colby. You were able to have a full-term beautiful baby boy because they new in advance the precautions to take with Colby...and they figured that out with Aiden. It sucks that is the way they figured things out though. I'm thinking of you and hope you have a good day today despite the bittersweet memories.

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking the other day about this time 2 years ago and thinking of you and I and how crazy of a time it was for us, and thinking of you and little Aiden. What a precious spirit he is, and what a great blessing it is to have the eternal family perspective. Our thoughts are with you guys this day.

Brooke said...

Jewels, I have been thinking about all day. I wish things had turned out differently with Aiden, but am so glad for the gift of eternity. I can't wait to see your entire family together there! We love you!

Brittany said...

I still remember that day, can't believe it has been 2 years. I remember thinking how strong you and Darren were and are. Just hug that little Colby and you will see Aiden again. Thanks for sharing that poem it is beautiful, love you all!

Heather D. White said...

What a sweet poem. I too find it hard to believe that it has been 2 years since little Aiden was born. I will always be reminded of your strength during that time. You and Darren are such wonderful parents and I am sure that Aiden is looking down on you always and can't wait to be able to be with you...and his little bro...someday. (Not too soon though. :-) What a blessing the Gospel is...and the knowledge that we can be together as families forever. That is so awesome!!

NatRat said...

So I just had my tear jerker for the day...what a great poem by Jessi. Your amazing to be able to go through that, I hope all is well. Your an awesome mom!

Annie Miller said...

We are thinking of you! We love you guys.