Colby had his nine month check up yesterday with his doctor. He's apparently very tall and skinny for his age. Yes, I said skinny. He is in the 28th percentile in weight. The doctor said I need to start putting butter on everything I feed him to fatten him up. I actually don't think he eats as much as he supposed to so I guess we'll be trying to feed him more. He's in almost the 90th percentile in height and his head. The doctor said if his head takes another big jump at his next visit then he would want to do a CAT scan to make sure everything is okay. I'm not that worried about it since the Rowe's have big heads....in personality as well but that's a whole other subject. I think that's why Colby's not crawling...he can't hold his head up for very long. :) I also asked the doctor if I was doing something wrong since Colby loves to wake up at 6:30. He asked what was wrong with him waking up at 6:30 and I said it was too early. You should have seen the look on his face. I think he was in shock and trying not to laugh out loud. Then he said he was going to write me a prescription that said, "Suck It Up." I think that's exactly what I needed to hear.
Our house sold
11 years ago
7 comments:
Uh...as far as the HEAD thing goes, has the doc ever met Darren? LOL!
WHAT! I am sure Colby is just fine, especially if it runs in the fam - no worries. I loved Heather's comment!
I need to see him! And don't worry too much about it. I could fill the page with things the doctors have told me to do. Don't stress about it. His head is big to hold all his very smart brains.
We're used to big heads around our house. It's no big deal! It only matters to the mother that has to deliver them. Doctors love to make us mommies nervous!
We had the same problem! Once Paige reached 110% we did the CAT scan and it was fine. I told the neurologist it came from my husband, he just has a big head. She looked at me and said, "Your head isn't very small either!" I was with my dad and she turned to him and said,"And it looks like she got her big head from you!" I have never been so self-concious in all my life! Anyway, when Claire's head got big too my doctor just smiled and said, "We've been through this before, you just make big-heads!"
6:30 is way to early for me! Ellie has a huge head too. Not a big deal. I think she is just below 100%. And did I mention that she is 18 months and still not walking. Don't stress, each kid is different.
Cooper had a huge head, and they seem to go into it. I wish I was super skinny and had to fatten up my diet...lucky kid!
Post a Comment