Thursday, November 8, 2007

Help!

Colby wakes up in the 6 AM hour every single day. I thought one day it would get better and he'd start slowly waking up around 7 or 8. Oh no, it's getting worse! This past week he has woken up at 5:50 every day! I have tried everything to get him to sleep in longer and nothing is working. I tried putting him to bed later, I tried putting him to bed earlier, I tried skipping naps during the day...nothing is working. When he wakes up I don't rush in there I leave him for a while to see if eventually he'll go back to sleep. Today I waited almost an hour and he's in there talking, singing, and then starting to get angry. Somebody please help me before I lose my mind. I'm so not a morning person and I so don't want to be. I'll take any advice or if someone could please tell me he'll eventually grow out of this stage...it's not looking good so far!

10 comments:

Brittany said...

That sucks (only thing I can think to say to you) Does he take a bottle? if so have you tried to give him one and leave him in there to eat and go back to sleep? Good luck with that one, I have no idea!

Laurie said...

my advice is wait another 6 months for daylight savings - you'll have another hour.
I'm going through the same thing with my boys. TV works for my kids, but I bet Colby doesn't like SpongeBob yet. Darn it.

Jewels said...

After talking to the girls at Bunco last night I realized he probably is waking up because he's all screwed up from daylight savings. I can't wait until April!

Palmer Family said...

That really sucks. Mason is a good sleeper, he sleeps until 9:00. Sorry. :)

Tierney said...

I would go crazy! I'm a complete mess without sleep. I'm not looking forward to Monday morning when I have to start getting up at 7:30 again because Jack goes back on track.

Kelly said...

Just be grateful he sleeps all night until 6 AM. Logan is still getting up once-twice a night. Except last night he slept from 9 pm-7 am YEAH!!!!

Brooke said...

I am so sorry! I guess you could bring him to my house since I am just getting home at that time, but that defeats the purpose of my training on my girls. We have an opposite life at our house...they sleep until 11!

Annie Miller said...

Oh boy...wish I could help with that one. Braden sleeps until 8 or 9. I put him to bed at 7:30. I guess we're just lucky.

NatRat said...

I am trying to figure the whole thing out with Bode too...The last couple months he had decided to wake up about 5:00 for 5:30...can't figure it out. At least I don't have to deal with him, I am long gone at the gym...sorry Collin. If you figure anything out, let me know.

Palmer Family said...

WHERE DID YOU GET THIS BACKGROUND!!