Friday, November 16, 2007

New Hat & Can't Complain

I hate that it is getting too cold for Colby and I to go outside. We had to buy him a little hat to keep his head warm...did I say little? I meant a BIG hat. We tried to put a hat on him that was his size at the store and it wouldn't fit. He wears a 2T in hats. Now you all know why I couldn't walk for a month after having him!



I have been thinking about Colby's sleeping habit of waking up at 6:00 AM, it is getting better he is now waking up at 6:30! Anyway, I really shouldn't complain because he is such a good baby and he still takes three naps a day. So I get three breaks during the day, which is quite nice. I'm trying to get him to only take two and hoping he'll sleep in longer one day but oh well. At least he sleeps through the night and takes naps. Although I don't like waking up at 6:30 it could be worse, right? I just have to go to bed early then I get a solid 8 hours and then I'm happy to wake up early. Okay, maybe not happy but manageable. My mom keeps telling me that my brother was always a morning person (I believe he still is) and when he got a little older she would pour a bowl of cereal the night before and put a little cup of milk in the fridge for him in the mornings. That way he could eat his cereal and watch cartoons while she slept in. How many more years until I can do that?! :)

6 comments:

Brooke said...

That hat is so stinking cute! It's true, later on he will fend for himself. I have trained Paige to cook Toaster Streudels for her and Claire in the morning and only wake me up if the house is on fire!

Palmer Family said...

You're lucky he keeps the hat on. Mason won't keep a hat on and I think he looks so cute in hats! Colby's face is so dang sweet. Love him!

Tierney said...

He looks so cute in his new hat! Hopefully, as he gets older he will start to like sleep as much as you do. I'm so grateful Jack is a good sleeper.

Annie Miller said...

Very cute Julie! At least there's no snow and he can still sit on the grass. Glad you're getting an extra 30 minutes sleep. Enjoy those 3 naptimes. I can't even get Braden to lay down anymore.

NatRat said...

Good idea with the pouring the cereal the night before, I am going to try that with Coop.

Anonymous said...

Good CRAP! Well THERE'S your problem Jewels! The little dude is taking THREE naps a day? Heck....if I did that, there's no way I would be able to sleep later than 6:00 AM. You'll probably find his night sleeping will improve as his naps decrease...as traumatic as THAT is for a Mama too. LOL!