Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Susie Homemaker


Tiereny and I made homemade raspberry jam last night...and I've got to say that I am pretty proud of myself. Most things I try and make don't turn out so hot but I think this jam looks edible. Although I haven't tried it yet. I'm just impressed with myself that I made it. Now the next thing I am going to attempt is bread and pie. I'm pretty sure Darren doesn't think I can conquer bread since when I do Rhodes he calls my rolls hockey pucks. Now I want to master bread just to prove him wrong. If anyone has any great recipes (and when I say great, I mean easy) send them my way.

8 comments:

Brittany said...

Look at you, you will have to pass that recipe for jam my way. I am impressed!

DeJong Family said...

Jewels..I have a very YUMMY and easy bread recipe I will send it your way....

Kelleen said...

Greg would like you to send some jam our way.

Palmer Family said...

WOW! I am impressed!

Laurie said...

Wow Martha.

Brooke said...

Interesting...I have yet to see any jam on my front porch? Is it my turn for treats??

DeJong Family said...

Enjoy!

Bread Recipe

INGREDIENTS
3 cups warm water
3 tablespoons active dry yeast
3 teaspoons salt
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup white sugar
8 cups bread flour



DIRECTIONS
In a large bowl, combine warm water, yeast, salt, oil, sugar, and 4 cups flour. Mix thoroughly, and let sponge rise until doubled in size.
Gradually add about 4 cups flour, kneading until smooth. Place dough in a greased bowl, and turn several times to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled.
Punch down the dough, let it rest a few minutes. Divide dough into three equal parts. Shape into loaves, and place in three 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch greased bread pans. Let rise until almost doubled.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 45 minutes. The loaves may need to be covered for the last few minutes with foil to prevent excess browning.

Anonymous said...

Hey...thanks so much for inviting me to make jam with you. So sorry I couldn't make it! ;-)

P.S. Is it me, or did you spell Tierney's name wrong?! ;-) You guys must be close! LOL!