Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Night Out

Darren and I actually got to go to a movie this weekend without Colby. This is a first for us. On Friday night Darren's mom called and said she was coming out to watch Colby so Darren and I could go out. Who were we to argue with her? We were already on our way to dinner so we just told her to get her husband and join us for dinner. We were by this little Chinese restaurant that Darren and I used to go to all the time. It's a little hole in the wall place but we always loved it. Apparently we hadn't been in a while and we didn't look at the sign as we walked in. As I opened my menu I couldn't understand one thing. It is now a Thai restaurant. I've never had Thai food before and none of us wanted to think of somewhere else to go so we stayed. I was nervous to get anything since I didn't know what anything was but it ended up being SO good. I definitely will go back. Anyway, after dinner Lynn and Jude came to our house and watched TV while Colby slept. Darren and I were kind of giddy going to a movie by ourselves. We held hands from the time we got out of the car from the time we got back into the car. It was so nice! We saw Bourne Ultimatium and I loved it. I'm so glad Lynn and Jude made us go out because as I was thinking about the last 8 months with Colby and realized Darren and I have had about 10 hours of actual alone time. We probably wouldn't even have that much but in that time it was my b-day and our anniversary. 10 hours!! I guess that's how it goes when you have kids but I defnitely think we need to go out more. I just hate asking people to watch him and his schedule is still unpredictable. Maybe when he's older we'll go out more. Hopefully! The next night we went out with our neighbors, the Vincents, to Ruby River. It is always fun to do stuff with them. Our next door neighbors were also supposed to come but ended up not being able to at the last minute. I believe our next door neighbors, the Bowers, have lived by us for a year and last week was the first time we've ever really got to know them. We're ward missionaries now and have to go around to ward members homes and show the Joseph Smith movie and ask them for referrals for missionaries. Anyway, we got assigned to go to their house last week and we had so much fun. It's sad that it has taken us a year to talk to them because we could have been having fun with them a lot sooner. Yeah I don't remember the movie while we were watching it but the husband, Jon, just made us laugh the whole time we were there. I didn't realize he was such a funny guy. I guess when you don't talk to someone you don't really know them. :)

6 comments:

Palmer Family said...

I know exactly what you mean about time alone!!It's like a breath of fresh air when you actually do get some alone time!

Kelly said...

Time alone is a MUST! I will watch Colby anytime for you. We've been missing out on date nights, that's why we're taking our cruise next week... come with us!!!

Annie Miller said...

Julie! Love your blog. It was fun peaking at everyone else too. Glad to hear they are all doing so well. Colby is so big! Annie

Laurie said...

Whatever you guys just held hands in the theater...we know you two!
Love the new look of the blog!
Haven't talked to you forever - I miss you!

Paige said...

Julie-
I love the blog! Colby is so cute...and big! I hope you are doing well! Talk to you soon.

Palmer Family said...

You have been tagged! Go to my blog.