Sunday, October 14, 2007

My Darren

I wanted to write about Darren in my last post but I was too busy laughing at Missy. I'm almost positive that Darren doesn't read my blog...he's "too cool" to read blogs but I wanted to thank him for being such a good husband to me. I think its great that he is always trying to get me out of the house and to go do more things with friends or just stuff that I want to do. It might be because he doesn't want me home nagging him but whatever I'm okay with it. He is always doing things like that to make my life easier and to make me happy. We watched a sitcom last week about this wife that any tiny thing she would complain about her husband would try to fix it. That is totally Darren. He has to fix any problem I have. Sometimes I have to tell him that I don't want him to fix it, I just want him to listen. He doesn't understand that but he tries. Yeah, he may watch too much sports and play too much Xbox but most of the time he makes up for that. :) I tell him all the time that he's not perfect but he's perfect for me. I love you sweetie! Yes, this is very unnatural for me to express my feelings about him...maybe that means I need to do it more often. I need to write down these things in case I forget one day. :) The title of this blog "My Darren" has a story behind it. Before Darren and I were engaged we were at Missy's wedding luncheon. Every table had to get up and introduce themselves. It came to my table and for some reason I panicked. Aunts, uncles, and grandparents were there and I didn't know what to call Darren...friend, boyfriend, soon to be husband...I hate titles. So I said this is my...Darren. Ever since then I've been made fun of by my family (the one of many things) but its kind of stuck. He is MY Darren and I don't care what anyone else says! :)

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Jewels,

Thanks for writing this, I think we all forget sometimes how lucky we are to have husbands who care about us and want to take care of us. I agree with the writing down of things because they are so easily forgotten. Thanks!

Britt

Anonymous said...

*sigh* SO CUTE!!! you're right...you're not one to gush about emotional things....which makes this post even more meaningful. Love the "my Darren" story. So funny. Hey..and no worries...Chas doesn't read MY blog either. LOL! He'd rather be watching sports or playing XBOX with DARREN! LOL! ;-)

Scubachewy said...

I'm glad he is your Darren and that you are taking such good care of each other. He deserves it.