Monday, April 28, 2014

Colby's 7th

Colby had quite a 7th birthday party that seemed to last 2 weeks.  The Friday before his birthday he invited 13 boys to come to a party at our house, and all 13 of them came!  Can you say craziness?!  They were all playing in the toy room as we waited for all of them to get there and Reese was up there with him.  The more that came, the more scared she got.  They were going crazy and I think she was in the corner crying to herself.  Luckily Grandma Rowe came and rescued her.  

Colby on the other hand was loving having all his buddies over.  He wanted to play musical chairs so that was the first game we played.  I put music on, but mostly Frozen songs and all of the boys were singing at the top of their lungs to Frozen.  It was hilarious.  We then played some game where you wrap a present with a bunch of layers of wrapping paper and then when the music stops one person unwraps a layer and so on until you get to the present.  Needless to say, Darren wrapped the present the night before while watching TV and kind of lost track of how many layers he wrapped, so the game dragged on and on.  After that, we had a race car pinata that the boys had no problems destroying.  Then presents, cupcakes, and Colby wanted to play freeze dance, which involved more Frozen songs.  

I love this picture of him.  It's like he can hardly contain his smile.  



The day of his birthday, I made him his favorite breakfast before school...

Later, Reese and I went and ate lunch with him at school.  It was fun to see who he sits with and to hear him and his friends talk with each other.  I then checked him out and we met up with Darren and saw The Lego Movie.
 Then we met up with Grandma and Grandpa Rowe for his favorite dinner of Rumbi steak and noodles and more cake.  
He also had a birthday party with the Nelson side of the family (which I can't seem to find pictures for) and another separate party for the Rowe family.  Can you say spoiled?!

I love this little boy to pieces!  I realize he isn't so little anymore but he will always be my little boy.  He can drive me absolutely nuts at times with how he annoys Reese to no end but he can also melt my heart by how sweet he can be to her as well.  He still plays with cars but isn't as obsessed with them as much as he was.  He's doing well in school and seems to have lots of friends.  He loves everything his dad does and if he could would spend every waking moment with him.  What does he like to do with me?  He begs me to jump on the tramp with him all the time.  I try to help him I'm too old but he doesn't care so I end up jumping with him.  I still kiss him and hug him about 50 times a day.  I feel like maybe the days he won't let me are coming faster than I want them to so I have to get in as many as I can.

He did something last week that was so sweet.  After his baseball game instead of treats the boys were all given a stick which as good for one treat at the snack shack.  He was so excited and was standing in line with his team to get his treat.  It was super windy and I guess one of his teammates lost his stick and was really sad.  Colby went up to him and told him he could have his stick.  His friend said, "You would do that?"  Colby said, of course!  I didn't even know any of this went on until he came up to me and told me.  I hope Colby will keep this sweet side of him always.  Love him.

0 comments: