Darren had a week off in October so we thought we'd go on a hike one of the days up to Donut Falls. We invited Grandma and Grandpa Rowe to come with us.
Unfortunately, when we got there the gate was closed so we had to walk up the road to get to the trail head, which is straight up hill and kind of a long way.
Grandpa needed to rest halfway up...
We made it though all covered in mud. It had snowed in the mountains a few days earlier so it was super muddy and there was still snow up there. I was so impressed with both of my kids. I thought for sure Reese would want to be carried at least most of the way but I forget sometimes how independent she is. She didn't ask to be carried once and was such a trooper. It's a lot of walking for two short legs but she did it.
We then went back to G&G Rowe's and BBQ'd hot dogs and smores.
0 comments:
Post a Comment