Last month we took a trip to Mesquite. My oldest sister, Robyn, loves this place and decided that our whole family should go. She also decided that she would pay for each family to have their own condo. Now that's my idea of a vacation! :) Unfortunately, Darren couldn't get work off and I didn't want to take two kids. Really, I just didn't want to take Reese because that turns into a non-vacation. She is a busy little thing right now. So, it ended up just being Colby and I from my family. We had the best time! I haven't been that relaxed since before Colby was born! Minus the incident where Colby almost drowned (which scared me to death!) it was so relaxing and fun.
I am too lazy to put the pictures in any kind of order...
Colby eating the biggest marshmallow I have ever seen! One night we all got together for a BBQ and then for S'mores. YUM!!
My brother (the goofy one) and my brother-in-law. Yes, they look like they could be brothers. They are the only two people in the family that actually look like they could be related...except they aren't.
and playing with cars.
We were also at the pool at night every night. It was so fun to be with my sisters and brother and just hang out. We aren't all together very often so it was nice to just talk while the kids swam. My 15-year old nephew went and I thought he was going to be too cool for everyone but he completely suprised me. He was in the pool playing with all the kids and making up games with them.
Yes, the picture is blurry but here his my nephew, Jake, helping Colby so he wouldn't lose at the game...again. He was awesome with Colby!One night we went bowling. Holy cow, you would have thought it was Christmas Day for Colby. He had never been before and to say he loved it is an understatement. It was Colby, Robyn, and I on a team. By the end of the game, Colby was bowling for himself, me and Robyn. He was absolutely terrible at it but didn't care. He would throw the ball down the lane and wouldn't even see where it landed, which of course was in the gutter every time. He was too busy trying to see if his ball was back so he could throw it again. Don't ask me what pose he is pulling off in this picture. He was a little on the excited side!
Thanks to Robyn for making this happen. All of us had such a fun time that no one wanted to go home and I am ready to go back!
Thanks to Robyn for making this happen. All of us had such a fun time that no one wanted to go home and I am ready to go back!

0 comments:
Post a Comment