If anyone knows Colby, knows that he has a complete obsession with cars and has since he was old enough to sit up. He has always had this obsession but it has come to a whole new level. I didn't realize that this was abnormal until everyone who is around him starts talking about it. He knows every model of car and will tell you what kind of car you have and he will remember what kind of car you have. That is how he remembers people. I'll say someone is coming over and he will say, oh the person that drives the Dodge Durango? If I tell him someone new is coming over that he hasn't met before he immediately asks me what kind of car they drive. If I don't know then he will wait on the front porch for them so he can see. Every time we are in the car he will tell me every car that is in front of us or any car he sees. It gets a little old after 1/2 a mile but he thinks every car is so awesome. If you ask him what his favorite car is he will tell you, an Audi, no wait, Toyota, no I like Pontiacs, and Volkswagens....and on and on. He can't decide. He just loves them all. Some of this has to do with the fact that Darren buys and sells cars from the auction so he has different cars all the time so Colby thinks that is just awesome. He keeps telling me that I need to get a convertible. Yeah, like that will ever happen! Doesn't he know that would really mess up my do'. :)
This weekend we went over to Darren's uncle's house for a 24th of July party. His uncle, Dave, has this same car obsession and even has a room in his house that shows off his car collection. I mean just shelves of cars on display. He and Colby were in this room for a good 45 minutes. Colby would tell Dave what every car was and if Colby didn't know then he would ask Dave because he just HAD to know. Dave also had containers and containers of matchbox cars, I think about 500 cars total, that Colby made Dave go through every car and tell him what everyone was. I'm not sure who had more fun, Dave or Colby.
Colby lovin' life in a Corvette...

1 comments:
Funny boy! Isn't it interesting what kids decide is there thing to become obsessed with. We need a play date soon!
Post a Comment