Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Summer...Finally

Bad news is I got laid off from my job but the good news is I got laid off from my job. So, we are going to be poor but I really like not having to work so far. It's nice to just be a mom and enjoy my kids. I haven't enjoyed a summer for quite a while now. Here are a few pics of us enjoying the summer while not having to work...


Reese is a total thumbsucker. You know she's ready for a nap when she finds her thumb. It is so cute! I may regret this habit later but right now I don't care.


Colby is still obsessed with cars. He loves to drive them in the dirt at my moms. He seriously laid like this for an hour. It sure didn't look comfortable but he sure was enjoying himself.


We went to the zoo and sweated our butts off. Reese looks like she is having a blast! That studly guy behind us is my cousin. He looks like he's having as much fun as Reese.


Colby has no fear when it comes to swimming. We went to this pool and he went right up to the diving board and jumped off. We haven't taught him how to hold his breath or plug his nose so I'm not sure what he does when he goes under water but he seems to be fine even doing it 100 times in a row. Poor Darren had to tread water for about 3 hours.


Reese also went swimming for the first time and enjoyed herself so much that she just about fell asleep in the pool. Ah, it is so nice to have a summer.

1 comments:

Palmer Family said...

It was so fun hanging out with you yesterday! Mason keepstalking about "that boy Colby" let's get together again soon!!