Monday, May 19, 2008

My Grandpa

My Grandpa (my mom's dad) passed away last night. The only picture I have of him is on my wedding day which the photographer pretty much super glued it into a book so I can't get it out. I actually googled his name and it brought up a lot of information on him and a picture. I guess it helps when you used to be in the Quorum of the Seventy.



Even though we knew he was getting pretty close to passing the last couple of weeks I was still shocked to hear the news that he passed. I thought it would have been easier since I said my goodbye's to him last week. After I got the message I still thought I was okay until Darren came and gave me a hug and asked if I was okay. I think I just feel for my grandma and my mom. I am glad that it happened pretty fast but we were still able to say goodbye and he didn't suffer. I think it's pretty funny that he wanted to hold on until he turned 90, which he did on Saturday. After that I think he stopped fighting since he passed the next day.

The thing I will remember about both my grandpa and grandma is that they loved to kiss us. When I was little I swear I wore my grandma's lipstick on my cheeks. In high school I introduced my grandpa to my friends and of course he kissed all of them. I guess a friend of mine was a friend of his. He was a good man and he will be missed. We love you grandpa!!

13 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm so sorry Jewel. Grandpa Fyans was always so nice to me. I'm glad you had a chance to say goodbye. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Palmer Family said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I remember how nice he was when we would stay at his house in St. George. We are thinking of you!!

Brittany said...

It is never easy no matter how old they get to say good-bye, I am so sorry - my thoughts are with you and your family.

DeRose Family said...

I was sad to read about your grandpa. You are so lucky to have had that relationship with him in your life. I'm thinking of you!

Brooke said...

Oh Jewels! I am so sorry! I will bring over treats soon, that makes everything better.

Heather D. White said...

I just heard about this last night from Chas. I am so sorry Jewels. It made me all teary just reading it. I miss my Grandpa so much...so I know how you must feel. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Love ya!

Kristi said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. He sounded like such a neat person. It really is hard to lose someone so special. I know my family's thoughts and prayers are with your family.
~Kristi (Dahl)

Melissa said...

Jewels,
So sorry about your Grandpa. We are thinking of you & your family.

Laurie said...

I, for one, will miss the back massages.
Sorry I'm a little late to hear about his death. I haven't been keeping up on blogs.
I hope that I live my life as well as he and your grandma.
Remember when they saw something down in the pool??? Good times.

Val said...

I am sorry to hear that your grandpa passed away. I don't think it matters how old you are, it's always hard to lose them. Your are in my thoughts and prayers.
Thanks for the b-day message! That was very thoughtful of you.

Shannon said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa. My told me on Monday night. She also mentioned that he wanted to live to see his 90th birthday which his able to. I thought that was pretty amazing. My thoughts are with you and your family.

NatRat said...

I am sorry to hear that he passed. He sounds like a great man and will be missed dearly. I hope you are doing alright. I will be thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Julie,

Sorry to hear about your grandpa. I never met him but I am sure he was a fine man. Emily (my sister) and I wish you well.

On a separate note, Happy Belated Birthday...I hope Darren got you something huggable to help in this time of loss.