It’s Colby’s 1st birthday today! I can’t believe it has already been a year…although it seems like it has been 5 years since I gave birth to him. Man, what a difference a year makes!We had a little birthday party for him on Saturday with my family. Of course it was a Backyardigans themed party. J Colby had no idea what was going on and wanted nothing to do with his cupcake. He actually threw it on the floor. Oh well, I enjoyed mine! ;) He got some good toys from my fam, which is good because we were both tired of his old ones. Today we will be celebrating again but more on that tomorrow. I wanted to write down a few things about what Colby likes and what he’s doing at this point because a year from now it will be completely different. This post is pretty much for me…boring for everyone else.
He loves his blanket. I love that he just attacks and practically makes out with his blanket. It is so cute! He snuggles with it when he is tired although I always put his blanket over him when he goes to sleep he always kicks it off and cuddles with it instead. So cute!
He loves his blanket. I love that he just attacks and practically makes out with his blanket. It is so cute! He snuggles with it when he is tired although I always put his blanket over him when he goes to sleep he always kicks it off and cuddles with it instead. So cute!
Lately when he wakes up from his nap he likes to cuddle with me. I love it and it is the favorite part of my day.
He loves cars. He has absolutely no idea how to work the cars. He picks them up, turns them over, and spins the wheels with his finger. He just loves to watch anything that spins
He is obsessed with door knobs. I have no idea why but he practically jumps out of my arms if he spots a door knob.
Right now he really likes to walk while I am holding his hands. He can walk all day but after about 5 minutes my back is killing me. He doesn’t seem to care. He also likes to kick balls while I’m walking him around.
He makes these funny sounds and noises and when I imitate him he thinks it is so funny and he’ll do it louder so I’ll do it louder so he laughs.
I love his little laugh.
His absolute favorite thing is tubby time. He loves to lie on his back on his little sling and kick his legs. At the end of his tub there is more water on the floor than in the tub.
It’s a little weird but he loves hair. I know he’s tired when he starts stroking my hair, my eyelashes and eyebrows. Darren thinks it’s funny to come up behind me with Colby in his arms so he will attack my hair and pull it. Real funny!
I like that he will watch TV. It helps me so much when I need to get work done.
His favorite foods right now (besides baby food) are cheese, bread, graham crackers, ham, and turkey. He loves rice cereal. I swear he would eat that for every meal. He still won’t drink anything.
Whenever I put him in a shopping cart he turns his body almost all they way around so he can see where we are going rather than facing me.
He loves my keyboard, remote controls, telephones, the Xbox paddle, and basically anything else he’s not supposed to play with. Lately he really likes crawling to the TV, standing up and turning it off and on, and off and on, etc.
I love when Darren gets home and the excited, happy look on Colby’s face and his squeal when he sees him. It is obvious that he is his favorite person in the whole world, and looks forward to when he is home so that they can play together. (that last sentence was written by Darren, what a dork.)
Just like doorknobs, he is obsessed with ceiling fans, the common theme being, it spins. He will stop everything and just stare at it going around and around.
He is most ticklish right now on the inside of his thighs, and right underneath his chin. That is how we keep him awake when we are driving home, just have to tickle him under the chin and he will start laughing.
He hates shoes, we just bought him a couple of pairs of shoes, and every chance he gets he tries to take them off. Definitely did not get that from his Dad, he always has his shoes on.
He loves to be outside. He completely calms down when we take him out there. We are looking forward to the spring when we can go out and play on the grass and take him for walks again.
He LOVES his pluggie. Yes, that’s what Darren and I call his pacifier. We might have a hard time getting him to give those up.
He is like a little puppy dog right now and chews and bites on everything. That’s why we give him his pluggie because otherwise we would have a lot of bite marks everywhere and when we are at the store he will sit and bite on the shopping cart. YUCK! He also bites on the coffee table, his hands, the stairs, of course his toys, our office chair, paper, basically anything and everything.
For some reason he really likes to feel carpet. Everywhere he goes he has to feel their carpet.
Wow, I can’t believe I could list so many things for a one year old! He has such a fun personality and he is such a sweet boy. I love him to pieces and look forward to this next year and learning more about him.
7 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. C!!!! Jewels...you will be so glad you wrote all of these fun things about Colby!!! So awesome! Glad he has had a great birthday!!!!! This year has gone by fast, but it's also kinda hard to remember what it was like without the little guy....just kinda seems like he's always been here. LOL! SUCH a cutie!!
Happy Birthday Colby! You have such a sweet mom. Be nice to her this coming year :)
Happy Birthday Colby! I can't believe it's already been that long. He's a keeper! By the way...Mike says if we have another girl he wants to name her Julie or Julia so he can call her "Jewels" Just thought I would share!
Wow, they do not get much cuter than this little guy. Looks quite a bit like his dad if I remember correctly. dashing good looks, nice head of hair, strong chin, and a very contagious personality. If he grows up to be half as awesome as his dad he will be a lucky boy.
Happy Birthday! He is so cute! It's amazing how fast they grow up.
Sounds like a fun day! He looks darling. Thanks for the invite to the party, we had a great time. One last thing...you are never allowed to laugh at me feeding my girls "eggies" when you let yours suck on a "pluggie".
I can't believe he is one! Here come the terrible two's soon...
Post a Comment