
Anyway, later that night Darren and I, Vinny (Darren's brother) and Tierney, and our good friends, Chas and Heather went to Harvest at Thanksgiving Point. We were so excited to go because last time we went it was SO good. Ever since then we have been telling everyone how good it was. So, we get there and sit down at our table. As soon as we sit down we notice that our table is a little wobbly. Every time someone on one side of the table puts their elbows on the table it rocks their way. The waitress tried to fix it by putting a napkin under the table but it didn't work so the table rocked back and forth the whole night. About a half hour after we ordered our food, our bread comes out. You know the bread that usually comes out right when you sit down. Good thing we had that bread since that was the only thing some of us ate! Anyway, the whole reason we went to Harvest was because Darren LOVED the prime rib they had last time. So, of course he orders it again. He likes his meat pretty bloody and ordered it medium. When it came out it was completely brown not even one little bit of pink. I don't like my steaks raw but I do like a little pink. When I saw his prime rib I knew I couldn't even eat it. It was that bad. Chas ordered his prime rib medium rare and his was probably medium well. Heather ordered some sort of lamb and hers was well done. It was so disappointing to be so excited and to go out of our way to get babysitters and expect a good meal since it's not a cheap restaurant. Our food took forever to get to us so we knew we couldn't wait another 1/2 hour to 45 minutes for replacements. Our waitress came over and said she'd send the manager over. The manager came over, who looked like he was 16, and said he'd be right back. That's all he said. He didn't ask how we were, didn't say sorry, nothin! 10 minutes later our waitress comes back and says that she'll take 50% off all of our meals. The manager doesn't even come back! He sends the waitress over! Darren, Heather, and Chas just sent their meals back because they couldn't even eat them. So, the manager decided to give them their meals for free...which makes sense since they didn't even eat them! He also decided to give us three free desserts. I ordered some caramel apple type dessert. When they brought it out it was basically a sugar cookie with cranberries, raspberries, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. There wasn't a single drop of caramel or an apple on my plate. We asked the waitress and she said it was the right dessert but they apparently forgot to put the dried apple wafer thing on my plate. I swear by the end of the night we just couldn't help but laugh at everything that went wrong. The dinner item that Heather ordered was supposed to come with some broccolini. I don't know what that is but the waitress said it's basically some type of broccoli. There was no broccoli on her plate. It just seemed like the cooks were just sending out whatever they wanted. My meal was actually good. I got the pork tenderloin but I will never go back there again. I can't believe the manager didn't apologize or at least act like he cared. Oh and we were there for 2 1/2 hours. Not because we had finished dinner and were just sitting around chatting but because it took FOREVER to get anything. The service was so slow. At least we were there with good friends and did have some good laughs. It will be a memorable b-day but chalked up on the wrong list of memories. Maybe next year will be better...too bad I say that every year. Here's us trying to make the best of it...

6 comments:
Wow what an eventful evening, I have only been there once a few years ago but I am NOT going back now that I hear this story. Well at least you guys still had a great time!
It was a crazy night, but now we have something to laugh about! I can't believe that it actually happened at such a nice restaurant.
That is so crappy! Kendall must not have been working that night. I always get the BEST food and service there...probably because I'm a Wimmer. I'm sorry!
I love that picture of Colby. Tell him to get used to the girls attacking....
That is a bummer...I usually love that place. At least you were with some fun people.
That sucks. I have always liked it, but will probably not go back there. Better luck next year!
Nice, normally I would feel bad that I wasn't along for a fun night with Jewels, but after reading this, I don't mind. Why is that Colby so dang cute? I just want to give him a big squeeze!!!
Post a Comment