Saturday, September 22, 2007

No More Restaurants

Since I work from home by the time Friday night rolls around I am SO ready to get out of the house and do something fun. Last night we decided to go to Mimi's since you can eat outside on their patio. I thought this would be a fantastic idea since I get to be out of the house and Colby will be happy because he'll be outside. We got to Mimi's and the patio was closed. Of course. We thought we'd take a chance anyway and go into the restaurant. Colby was a nightmare. Usually he's not too bad. I'm not sure what his deal was...probably because the restaurant was 30 degrees. I've never been in a restaurant that cold before! He wouldn't not stop making his grumpy noises. It's not crying more just grunting. Greg knows what I'm talking about since he always tries to imitate it. Anyway, people kept staring at us like, please get out of here I'm trying to enjoy a nice meal and you and your baby are driving me nuts. I know that look because I used to give that look before I had Colby. It was actually only one lady that was giving the look and it is one of my parent's neighbors. She is an unhappy person anyway. When we were kids we would play night games and hide in people's yards while playing capture the flag or whatever we played and she would always yell at us. I think she even called the Bishop. That's when the Bishop made a ward curfew. Wow, that was quite a tanget. Anyway, back to the restaurant. It was quite fun. Darren was in the lobby with Colby while I was eating. Then he came back and I took Colby to the car while he ate. It was very romantic and Darren and I were able to spend some quality time together. :) I guess its now fast food and take out for us.

4 comments:

Palmer Family said...

I know exaclty what you mean. It's not the funnest thing taking Mason to restaurants. It only gets worse sorry to tell you. Mason makes grunting noises too when he is bugged. That's funny! Love you blog!

Laurie said...

He he he... You're a mommy now! Isn't it funny how your entire perspective of life has changed?

Missy said...

I just want to know who the mean lady was?

Jodi said...

Hi Julie! I'm glad I'm not the only one that can't go to restaurants. I think I have an idea of who that mean lady was. She ruined night games for us.