Darren has left me and Colby home all alone to soak up the rays in sunny California with his friend, Chas. They are both die hard BYU fans so they could not miss seeing them play in the Rose Bowl in L.A. They left Thursday morning and are coming back Sunday night. So far it hasn't been that bad...until last night. The past couple of nights I haven't slept well since I'm used to having Darren next to me. This is the first time in 5 years that I have slept in this house alone. So, last night I was exhausted. I was asleep by 10:00 and dead asleep until 1:30 AM when I woke up because I realized the power was off. I realized that because we have a ceiling fan that is always on and since Darren is gone I've been sleeping with the T.V. on. I hate when the power is off! That's not the bad part, that bad part was one of our smoke detectors decided to act up. I'm not sure if it was out of batteries or what, but it kept beeping. I get out of bed and try to find candles since we don't have a flashlight but you can bet I will be investing in one of those soon. I get candles lit and walk around our dark house to try and figure out where the beeping smoke detector is coming from. Of course it's coming from Colby's room! So I'm trying to be as quiet as possible not to wake him up but of course I do. He kind of rolled over and wondered what the heck I was doing. Luckily I gave him his pluggie and he was out again. I take the battery out and guess what it still beeps! I don't get it one bit. I call Darren almost in tears because I'm scared and want the stupid beeing to stop. He calmed me down and talked to me on the phone until the power went back on. I slept on and off the rest of the night until 6:30 when Colby got up. Phew, I'm already looking forward to going to bed tonight and it's not even noon yet!
Before my exciting sleepless night, Missy invited Colby and I out to her house for dinner. She's so nice to take care of me while Darren's gone...actually Darren said that to me. He said he was glad Missy was taking care of me and I wasn't sitting home alone. Anyway, it was spaghetti night at their house, apparently they have that meal every other Friday when John's girls are there. It was very delicious. After dinner we went over to Bear Park. Colby had so much fun. He LOVES to be outside. We put him in the little baby swing and he was loving it. He was giggling and all smiles. Of course I didn't have my camera so they are cell phone pictures again.
Missy and I were talking that we remember our dad taking us to Bear Park when we were kids. We always loved going to parks with our dad and it's weird to think now I'm taking my kid to parks. Crazy! Well, Colby just went down for a nap so maybe I'll see if I can get one in as well.
Our house sold
11 years ago
2 comments:
This is sooo cute! You really need to share this with everyone and stop worrying that no one will like it. We all want to hear about these things....
I just finished reading the whole blog. (it's been a very busy week) I agree with Missy that you need to share this with everyone.
I was laughing so hard about the fire alarm - I HATE those things. See you tomorrow!!
Post a Comment