I have to write about our trip to Vegas we took a few weeks ago. I was so nervous to go since it was our first trip with Colby. I'm still so new at being a mom! Anyway, we were going to Vegas to see Greg and Kelli bless their baby Addison. Darren and I drove down there Friday morning and it took us 8 1/2 hours! We had to stop twice to feed Colby and I felt too bad to just stick him back in his car seat so we let him stretch his legs a little. I was under the impression that Greg and Kelli's church started at 9:00 on Sunday but when we got down there I was informed that it started at 1:30! I was a little worried about that since that meant we wouldn't be leaving Vegas until about 4:00 and I had to get up and work the next day. So, jokingly I said I was going to fly back. Then the idea sounded better and better. The next day Darren booked me and Colby a flight. I was so relieved. He's such a good husband to spoil me like that. I wouldn't have made him drive back by himself but I knew he could caravan back with Vinny and T. So, Colby took his first airplane ride. He was SO good. I had to feed him as soon as we got on the plane, which was a little embarrasing for me since it is such close quarters in airplanes but oh well. After that of course he pooped so I had to change him in the airplane bathroom, which was interesting. Then I took him back to our seats and turned on The Backyardigans. Its the only show he watches and he loves it. He started to get tired and crying a little bit so I rocked him to sleep. By then we were landed. He is such a sweet boy and I wonder why Darren and I are so blessed to have him in our lives. He was also so good the whole time we were in Vegas when we were shuttling him from place to place. We took him to the Knights Tournament. It was so loud! I thought that would bother Colby but he just ended up falling asleep. He's just so easy going. I know he definitely got that from Darren! It was also so hot there that Darren put him in the pool and he didn't even make a peep. I think he was relieved! Have I said before that he is such a good kid! :)
Our house sold
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment