Thursday, May 2, 2013

Reese's 3rd Birthday

Reese turned 3!  She had a weekend full of festivities on Easter weekend.  She will now probably think that we have Easter egg hunts on her birthday every year.
Doesn't she look so cute when she wakes up?  Yikes!  Her hair looks like mine when I wake up!
The boys in Reese's new princess tent
We went on the Heber Valley Railroad for her birthday with Missy and Jude.  I thought it would be fun since the Easter bunny comes on the train during the ride and hands out candy filled eggs.  Unfortunately, Reese was terrified of the Easter bunny.  She wanted nothing to do with it.  The Easter bunny came on the train and the kids got to stand and dance with it.  Colby joined right in, Reese did not.
After the train ride, there was a little petting zoo, where the kids could pet some of the animals.  For some reason, Reese doesn't have a fear of animals.
 
She is the cutest little girl and has us laughing all the time.  She's already throwing us attitude but its still funny right now.  A couple more years, I know it won't be.  She will, out of the blue, say to me sometimes:
Reese: You know what?
Me: What
Reese: I love you
It melts my heart every time. 
 
A few weeks ago, I was at Activity Days doing an activity with my kids there, when I heard Reese screaming.  She apparently got her pinky finger squished between the double doors that lead to the gym.  It looked so disgusting, like it was flat and there wasn't a bone there anymore.  She would not stop screaming so we took her to InstaCare and got some X-rays done.  She did awesome while getting those done.  I was very impressed.  They said nothing was broken but it would take a couple of weeks to heal.  She DOES NOT like band-aids and refuses to put one on so I was a little worried when they wanted to wrap her fingers together.  Luckily, the bandage was hot pink so she was good with that.  She's a trooper!
 
One more Reese story...last Sunday, I wanted to take a nap.  Unfortunately, Reese fell asleep in my bed before I could, all sprawled out.  I couldn't resist taking a picture and then promptly moving her over so I could sleep too. :)
 

0 comments: