Monday, December 28, 2009

Blog Worthy

A couple of weeks ago I had this horrible sinus infection. I wasn't sleeping so by the time it was dinner time I was ready for bed. One day Darren had the day off so I asked him if it was his turn to make dinner. I already knew what he was going to say, which was sure let's get Little Caesars. I wasn't completely in the mood for pizza so I hesitated and in the hesitation he said he would make dinner and asked what I was planning on making. I was feeling ambitious the day I planned out the menu and was going to attempt to make chicken pot pie from scratch. I was eventually going to cave to pizza but he said he'd make the chicken pot pie. I really didn't think he'd do it since I really don't think Darren has ever cooked dinner since we've been married. I always just have it done by the time he gets home because I want to eat! He does help me cook sometimes or will make sandwiches or something but not make an actual dinner. He wouldn't let me help him at all. I was so impressed with his abilities...I think he impressed himself as well. I still can't believe he made the crust from scratch. It was SO good! I'm pretty sure he did a better job than I would have done.

3 comments:

Peacock Family said...

wow... I'm impressed!!! I'll have to snag the recipe from you it looks delish!! Hope you are doing well and that you had a very merry christmas!!

Judi Rowe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judi Rowe said...

Yeah Darren, Your cooking your entire life has finally paid off.